Mac keyboard control question

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Andersoncp
Snes9x White Belt

Mac keyboard control question

Post by Andersoncp »

Hello, I just had a quick question about controlling the emulator on my keyboard on my mac. I can open games and they start to play the intro, but none of my controls work. Do you have to have a special controller or something? I thought the keyboard and mouse would work right out of the gate. It says the input device is 'pad', is that the keyboard? Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks so much!

-A
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

*nevermind* I'm too confused.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
Andersoncp
Snes9x White Belt

Sorry

Post by Andersoncp »

Sorry if that's confusing. Basically I can't control the game at all, does that make sense? None of my keyboard keys do anything when the game starts up. Any ideas?
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Re: Sorry

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Andersoncp wrote:Sorry if that's confusing. Basically I can't control the game at all, does that make sense? None of my keyboard keys do anything when the game starts up. Any ideas?
Check out Input>Control Preferences...
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
kuzu
Snes9x White Belt

Post by kuzu »

Not sure if this is the same issue, but maybe it's related.

I'm using Mac OS 10.6.3, 2.26GHz Core2 Duo, 4GB RAM white macbook ("late 2009" or something...), and found Snes9x acted like the tab key was being held down continuously while otherwise ignoring all keyboard input. However my usb gamepad worked fine, and for what it is worth, I saw no similar issues in any other applications (ZSNES, for example).

After a reboot, the problem went away and I haven't been able to reproduce it (yet). My guess is that this is Apple's bug (though I can't find anything post-10.3 that seems related). Still, if it happens again I'll probably dig around more.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

80% of the time a reboot fixes those weird glitches on any OS/Computer. :P