Buttons don't show up on android, bug?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
chrome
Snes9x White Belt

Buttons don't show up on android, bug?

Post by chrome »

I have tried to fix this myself going through the menus but I can't seem to figure it out. The situation is that when I load up a game (any game) the touch screen interface shows up, but it is missing several buttons. Specifically, all I see are "b" "y" "r" and the d-pad. I've tried pressing the other buttons (a,x,l,start,select) thinking maybe they were functional but invisible, but they do not work. Any Ideas?

I'm on android, samsung galaxy series.
chrome
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Buttons don't show up on android, bug?

Post by chrome »

OK everyone I figured it out finally. For whatever reason the buttons won't show up when set to any size smaller than ... 8mm I believe it was? Default size was 6mm. I don't why this is but hopefully my discovery helps some other lost soul who struggles with smartphones.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

Which Galaxy series? S series? note series? Tab series? what number of either series (example: GS4 = Galaxy S4, GN3 = Galaxy Note 3, GT10.1 = Galaxy Tab 10.1)?

EDIT: that's impossible to go past 6.5mm as there's no such option to go lower. Verified on Snes9X EX and EX+. I have a galaxy s4. and even at 6.5mm I still had all my on screen buttons.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
wmatiz
Snes9x White Belt

Post by wmatiz »

Hi!
I have the same issue but I couldn't fix it with any of the option that the App has.
I use the Samsung Galaxy Fame GT-S6810L, the app runs perfect without any problem, but I can't see the buttons.
The version of Android on my phone is 4.1.2.
I hope you can let me know hoe I can fix this issue. Thanks!
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

adventure_of_link wrote:I have a galaxy s4. and even at 6.5mm I still had all my on screen buttons.
Working on my Note 3 too. (Of course I have to turn it up to 10mm cuz at 6.5mm and a huge screen it's a PITA to use, as if it wasn't enough of one already. lol)

GS4 has Android 4.2.2 and the GN3 has Android 4.3

By any chance are the button placements labeled as off or something?

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
sednem
Snes9x White Belt

Post by sednem »

wmatiz wrote:Hi!
I have the same issue but I couldn't fix it with any of the option that the App has.
I use the Samsung Galaxy Fame GT-S6810L, the app runs perfect without any problem, but I can't see the buttons.
I am having the exact same problem.
I use the Samsung Galaxy Fame GT-S6810P and the Snes9x EX+ emulator.
I tried to play around with the settings and ran different games, same result: the game works, but the buttons turn into grey squares. My Android version is also 4.1.2.
Can someone please help me?
sednem
Snes9x White Belt

Post by sednem »

Sorry for double posting, but to solve this problem you just have to disable the Fast CPU -> GPU copy function on the video settings of the emulator.
SnesHero
Snes9x White Belt

Post by SnesHero »

wmatiz wrote:Hi!

I did it! I was having the same problem in a Samsung GT-S6810B, and what worked for me was:
Options > Video > Overlay Effect (in default is set to off) > set it to "Scanlines"
It worked for me, i hope it helps o/

One more thing: if "Overlay Effect Level" is set to 0%, set it to 25% ;)
Xkxkxk
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Xkxkxk »

I want yo play Super Mario World beta but the virtual gamepad isin't showing,what i can do??? BTW im on a Samsung A5 2016!!!Im not seeing the buttons.