Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
beethovenschenz
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Post by beethovenschenz »

jessvass1973 wrote:Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum to see if anyone can shed any light on my issue. I have an autistic 9 year old son and have purchased him a generic controller from Amazon.
The link to the controller is here.....https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
I run Windows 10 64 bit edition and my little boys laptop runs windows 7 64 bit. I have tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of snes9x with no success.
I have tried changing the input configuration to joypad 3 but it changes back to 1 again. The gamepad shows up in devices on windows settings ok and allows
me to calibrate it. I have no idea what else I can do. Can anyone help at all please?

James
After trying to figure this out for ages for myself, I found an answer, I hope you see this. You just need to go to the input menu, select a different input, then click back to "Use Snes Joypad". For some reason you must select another option and go back and it works. I signed up only to reply to you and I hope this helps.
armandog4u
Snes9x White Belt

Post by armandog4u »

James
After trying to figure this out for ages for myself, I found an answer, I hope you see this. You just need to go to the input menu, select a different input, then click back to "Use Snes Joypad". For some reason you must select another option and go back and it works. I signed up only to reply to you and I hope this helps.

Hi James, that definetly worked for me, thank you. I singed up only to thank you :D
Mumblesh
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Mumblesh »

Just in case anyone ends up linked to here with this issue. I'm late to the party I know, but I had the problem of mapping my bluetooth joystick just fine to "Joypad 1" but it didn't work.

I tried running as administrator. Hey Presto!