Snes9X EX (port for Android, iOS, WebOS)

This is for people involved in the developement of Snes9x, or SNES emulators in general.
BUG REPORTS BELONG IN TECH SUPPORT/BUG TRACKING!
mcyoung
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Snes9X EX (port for Android, iOS, WebOS)

Post by mcyoung »

Hi guys, new in this forum. I recently downloaded the snes9x ex v1.4.19 for my samsung tab 7.7 and every time i click save state im getting the file i/o error,playing legend of zelda btw, appreciate help thanks alot
pseudo3d
Snes9x White Belt

Post by pseudo3d »

I installed Snes9x EX for iOS and it runs WAY SLOW on my 3G (bought late 2009). Sure, it looks good and sounds good on the title screen, but when the action gets the slightest bit heavy, everything slows to a crawl. The framerate is bad, the controls become unresponsive, I've tried fiddling with it, the sound rate, and the screen size (smallest possible). None of it makes any difference, unless I turn off the sound, which improves it significantly, but I want to play SNES games with sound (plus, SMW without sound brings bad flashbacks of the Super Nintendos in the dentists office from long ago).

I've seen a video of a guy playing Super Mario Kart...I wish my iPod was that fast! Will it only run at an acceptable speed with sound for 4G and higher, or is there something I'm missing?
iOsSnes
Snes9x White Belt

Post by iOsSnes »

I recently installed the app on my iPad and am loving it but was wondering about something. There is the options to map controls to the touchscreen or Wiimotes or iControlPad but will there ever be any option to map controls to a Bluetooth connected keyboard?

Thanks.
zefyx
Snes9x White Belt

Post by zefyx »

What about webOS? Please, don't forget about us. We are so desperate. TouchPad and Pre3 and below support would be amazing. You are awesome!
zefyx
Snes9x White Belt

Post by zefyx »

After reading a bit more it seems as if a TouchPad version for webOS is a must. The port appears to be a bit resource heavy, and most of us TouchPad owners are rocking overclocked units ranging from 1.5GHz to 1.9GHz. Thanks!
Maniaxx
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Maniaxx »

Bug report:
Duplicated line / Scaler bug
Options: Aspect Ratio=1:1, Image Filter=None, Zoom=Integer-only

- Good to see on vertical scrolling (produces a tearing-like horizontal line). 'Desert Strike' is good for testing. Fly over terrain up and down. Check <start> button screen (in-game).
- Built-in screenshot function doesn't show the bug (picture below has been taken with cyanogenmod)

Another bug is in 'Options/Input/On-screen Config/High-Resolution'. Changing that option will not be saved. After next restart its re-set to low resolution.

Android 2.3.7
Huawei U8510
320x480 (HVGA)
Snex9x EX v1.4.26

SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

So has anyone tried issuing Google a counter-DMCA yet? I miss being able to grab SNES9x off of the Android app store.
krdskrm
Snes9x White Belt

Post by krdskrm »

Yoshi's Island doesn't generate .srm files (therefore unable to save/load progress). iOS 5
Maniaxx
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Maniaxx »

Feature Request:

1) Prescale
Original is 256x224 pixel. Example target output resolution is 480x800 display (4:3 linear scaled to fullscreen).
Left picture shows standard linear upscaling (256->480). Right picture shows (256->512 unfiltered->480 linear). The picture is much sharper due to better pixel weighting. Emus like MAME support this method already (x2, x3, x4..).

2) Forced integer-scaling (cropped):
Some source resolutions just exceed target resolution just a little bit like 1280x720 displays (256*3= 768<>720) but end up in a x2 integer resolution (512x448). It would be nice to have a forced integer scaling mode that would crop excessive pixels but preserve a clean (in this case x3) integer resolution.

Thanks! :|
Maniaxx
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Maniaxx »

Here's another x3 prescale example showing it even better (for 1280x720 portrait displays):
256x224 -> x3 prescale (768x672 unfiltered) -> 720x630 target (linear filtered)

zzardo
Snes9x White Belt

Post by zzardo »

snes9x ex load default config ios

private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/explusalpha.com/ delete "Snes9xP.config"

Thank you
user21337
Snes9x White Belt

Post by user21337 »

Any chance the freeze/save state filenames for snes9x ex+ can be changed to rom_name.000.frz, with 3 digits instead of the current 2?

This would make it consistent with snes9x for mac, and closer to snes9x for win too.

It would be super convenient for users that sync freeze states across devices.
Raik
Snes9x White Belt

Re:

Post by Raik »

I'm using the latest google play and beta, both same problem in galaxy S4 and galaxy tab 4 7".

Bluetooth buffer in the way, please remove it. Using iPega 9023 and 9025, games like SMW 2 Yoshi's Island or similar were you need to button smash several buttons and movement Snes9x Ex+ tries to execute EVERY one of them, instead of discarding some that weren't executed on time... weird because framerate is OK, this is a Snes9x Ex+ issue, this doesn't happen with other emulators (ppsspp, epsxe, myboy, drastic). Is not my gamepad, I found a workaround to this.

Workaround is to use a mapper like tincore or gamekeyboard, map the on-screen controls of Snes9X ex+ and the buffer is gone, I can smash the buttons like a mad monkey and the non timed are excluded, this proves snes9x ex+ plus bluetooth = buffer lag.
Rakashazi wrote:Seems like this may be happening due to some buffering of bluetooth events by BTstack when a lot of inputs are applied during a large frame skip. I'll do some more investigation and see if I can find a solution.
Any solution yet?
Raik
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Raik »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMGD0Nqk9qk

A video for the lazy or the ones didn't understood what I said or believe... or my own fault, I'm not a native english speaker.
natsumerio
Snes9x White Belt

Post by natsumerio »

FEATURE REQUEST

I am requesting a feature for the next version. The emulator already has a fast-forward button. Please add a speed setting option that will let us SLOW DOWN a game. This shouldn't be too hard to do, because Snes9x for windows already has exactly the option that I'm requesting. It's a life saver for games like "Dr. Mario", "Tetris attack", & "Panel de pon", which all love to increase a game's speed from normal to zillion miles per second.
natsumerio
Snes9x White Belt

Post by natsumerio »

FEATURE REQUEST

Add the ability to HACK PAR codes. The ability to use such codes is worthless when you don't have any codes for a specific game. Example = "Panel de pon" really needs a "Speed = 1" code. Even if the device needs to rooted to be able to hack PAR codes for snes9x ex, it'd be better than hoping that par codes that were never hacked will show up on their own someday.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

the developer hasn't signed into this board in years; you're better off contacting him directly.