.cht files aren't working in the 3ds version of snes9x no matter WHAT i do and i'm starting to lose my patience

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
PinballBuzzbro
Snes9x White Belt

.cht files aren't working in the 3ds version of snes9x no matter WHAT i do and i'm starting to lose my patience

Post by PinballBuzzbro »

Yo

So, i recently started trying to add cheat files to snes9x. The bottom screen tells me to copy my .cht file to the path of the rom file i want to add the respective cheats to. I even went onto the official github, and from there put the rom in a folder with the same name as the rom, and put the cheat file into the folder as well, also with the same name as the rom. BUT, i still get the same "no cheats copy .cht file to sdmc//path//bingusesfunnyadventurelmao" error. I have no idea what im doing wrong if at all as everything i've read and seen points to this being the way to get cheats onto this emulator, but it just isn't working.

Are neither 1.57 or geiger valid cht file download types? Is there a way to copy this rom directly into the path of the .sfc rom name? I'm helplessly confused by all of this and any help at all would be appreciated, i've asked this same question in 3 other sites and have yet to get ANY advice.