missing blocks in Super Mario World game

Need a hint? Got a code or strategy? Share it all here!
alejandrocaro
Snes9x White Belt

missing blocks in Super Mario World game

Post by alejandrocaro »

On Snes9x that I have on the PC, the game Super Mario World works well, the only problem I have is that there are blocks that are not there, instead just a dotted square appears. How to resolve the error so that the missing blocks are displayed?
The video configuration is default
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Re: missing blocks in Super Mario World game

Post by Ryan »

alejandrocaro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:39 am there are blocks that are not there, instead just a dotted square appears.
This is not an error in the game or emulator, this is part of the game. There are things called Switch Palaces in the game where when you reach the end, you'll be able to hit a giant switch that turns these into solid blocks the same color as the dotted like, with a ! in them. The first and easiest one requires you to go left and up from the starting point of the game. The rest can only be gotten to by secret routes, etc.
alejandrocaro
Snes9x White Belt

Post by alejandrocaro »

Ryan wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:36 am
alejandrocaro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:39 am there are blocks that are not there, instead just a dotted square appears.
This is not an error in the game or emulator, this is part of the game. There are things called Switch Palaces in the game where when you reach the end, you'll be able to hit a giant switch that turns these into solid blocks the same color as the dotted like, with a ! in them. The first and easiest one requires you to go left and up from the starting point of the game. The rest can only be gotten to by secret routes, etc.
The missing blocks in the PC game appear in the Super Mario World Game on the Snes9x on my smartphone. The rom I use is the same on both platforms. The missing blocks are all those with the!
alejandrocaro
Snes9x White Belt

Post by alejandrocaro »

alejandrocaro wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:36 am
Ryan wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:36 am
I already fixed the error. To activate you have to go to the Switch Palaces, enter the first screen on the left, pass it, go to the tower, enter the Switch Palace and activate the switch. This activates the blocks with a symbol of!
More information http://www.retrojugones.com/p/super-mar ... s-los.html (in Spanish)
Thanks for the reply