Dual input from keyboard and joypad.

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.
Yobobo
Snes9x White Belt

Dual input from keyboard and joypad.

Post by Yobobo »

Can we have an option to play with keyboard or joypad without reconfigure input every time?
var
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Dual input from keyboard and joypad.

Post by var »

for now you can map player 1 keys with joypad and player 2 keys with keyboard (or vice versa) and swap with a hotkey..
Tyrone20XX
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Tyrone20XX »

If multiple bindings were allowed for input devices it would be great for newer game pads as well, I have a game pad that has both a D-Pad and joystick, it would be nice to be able to bind both to the SNES D-Pad so i could switch mid-game.

For any games that require smooth movements on the d-pad some times and exact movements at others it would be really helpful.

Love this software by-the-way, I can let my 6 year old play the games I grew up playing. Without you, the retro gaming renaissance may never have happened.
budafuko
Snes9x White Belt

Post by budafuko »

yeah it would be nice to be able to map both the d pad and thumbsticks to movement. even if it wasn't in the gui to have it editable in the ini or cfg would be awesome. i need this so bad. i use d-pad my kid uses thumbstick and when we play with each other we have to constantly change the settings