Top Gear 2 / sound / dude

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.
Wolfgang_Krauser
Snes9x White Belt

Top Gear 2 / sound / dude

Post by Wolfgang_Krauser »

My first question is, how can I get that message when the snes games are loaded? Can it be disabled in some way?

Captura de pantalla (123).png
Captura de pantalla (123).png (122.67 KiB) Viewed 26765 times

I have a question about the sound on the auckland stage, when you turn left or right you lose a part of the background sound, like you lose a "layer" of the audio ... from 1:58 to 2:10 minute of the video is where you can see exactly what I mean ... is that normal of the game? or is it an emulation error? if I remember correctly, I think that does not happen in the original game ... if so ... can you solve that error?

here the video see from 1:58 to 2:10 or see the complete race to listen the sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHatg2MXAKE
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Re: Top Gear 2 / sound / dude

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Hey there!

Unfortunately I didn't find any way to disable the OSD during game startup.

I can confirm I have Top Gear 2 on a real SNES and it cuts out some parts of the music as the sound chip shares some audio channels with the sound effects and music, so when the tire skidding sound effect plays, some of the musical instruments are muted. This is normal for this game.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
Wolfgang_Krauser
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Top Gear 2 / sound / dude

Post by Wolfgang_Krauser »

Camo_Yoshi wrote:Hey there!

Unfortunately I didn't find any way to disable the OSD during game startup.

I can confirm I have Top Gear 2 on a real SNES and it cuts out some parts of the music as the sound chip shares some audio channels with the sound effects and music, so when the tire skidding sound effect plays, some of the musical instruments are muted. This is normal for this game.

Oh i see, thanks friend for your answer. : )