Microsucks Winblows 10

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.
juanamal
Snes9x White Belt

Microsucks Winblows 10

Post by juanamal »

I thought this belonged here instead of tedch support, as this isn'\t about SNES9X. If I'm wrong, feel free to move it there. Anyhow, I',m wondering about ongoing discussion people may have regarding how to survive having to use modern Winblows 10, including trying to secure what's left of any of my data.

Among the issues I have:

* I keep having a whole slew of windows magically close themselves every so often for no reason whatsopever (like, in 1 second).
* I keep accidentally closing a window when I try to swtich to it in the taskbar, because THEY HAVE A STUPID "X" RIGHT THERE!
* The mouse arrow scrolls way too fast on the screen, but there is no longer the option to adjust its speed by right-clicking empty desktop space, choosing properties, choosing Mouse Arrow, etc. That whole option is gone now.
* I can't attach files with Winzip anymore, am stuck "using" 7Z, keep getting error messages galore when trying to zip things, can't email ZIP files now in gmail (keep getting 'virus' errors, even though there aren't any), get other file size errors when creating files and saving data, etc.
* The icons on the bottom in the Quick launch bar are way too small, and I can't enlarge them, can't get rid of useless ones, have no "Desktop" icon anymore, can't access the desktop via alt-tab anymore (huge problem), havew this stupis "search" bar taking up so much space in the taskbar, etc.
* Clicking wehere the "Start" button used to be immediately gives me a display that is an endless mess of crap. I want my menu back!
* I have a bunch of random mouse glitching, random selections and deselections every several seconds, can't even click and drag properly (keeps resetting the highlighting every couple seconds), etc.
* This keyboard also sucks like you wouldn't believe. man, does this thing suck! And they even have extra-slick keys, small keys, close-together keys, etc. I want to take the keryboard and smash the monitor with it, but this el-cheapo Made-In-China keyboard would instantly snap easier than a twig if I even touch the monitor with it.
* Winblows Media Stealer, er, Player keeps trying to access a flash drive when viewing a saved media file on the desktop, even though there is no reason to try to attempt to access a flash drive, no flash dive to access, etc. I even deselected every last one of those blasted check boxes (like, Infect me with Digital Wrongs Managem,enty, SPui on Me, Infect me with BMG musicx virus, etc.), and it still keep trying to aceess stuff it shouldn't. I bet it's trying to infect eveyrthing woithg its DRM crap. What is iut doing, and how do I permanently stop it?
* Real Downloader doesn't work anymopre, so I am having trouble caching backup copies of online videos.

Bleh, that's enough for now. I'll leave anyone knowledgeable to try to handle these for now. Thanks.
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Re: Microsucks Winblows 10

Post by Ryan »

A number of those have easy solutions. I'm going to assume you haven't bothered to Google/search for anything and/or never have used Windows before (at least one of your problems is adjusted the same way since Windows 95), you've just gotten frustrated and are now venting here?
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

it also sounds like it's a new lower-end laptop with a crappy keyboard and touchpad.
Noel_RPG
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Noel_RPG »

highly unlikely since OP never posted any specs of his computer and did not specify whether OP was using a desktop or laptop computer
DAOWAce
Snes9x White Belt

Post by DAOWAce »

Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lyfqUDFe0A

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microshaft_Winblows_98

Not sure if OP was aware of the joke or not. :p