SNES9X FOR PSP!!!!! (obsolete/archived thread)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Clintoris
Admin of Gayville, SD

SNES9X FOR PSP!!!!! (obsolete/archived thread)

Post by Clintoris »

Sorry! We don't really support this version of Snes9x. You'll have to find the web site you downloaded it from and search for a FAQ, ReadMe, or a forum to answer your questions.

One piece of advice I see others give: The emu will only work with Firmware 1.0 and 1.5 or something like that.

KTHXBAI
SqEn206
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by SqEn206 »

I'd like to add that a good place to start would be the forums at www.pspupdates.com.
Last edited by SqEn206 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

snes9x PSP

Post by Anonymous »

ok can anyone offer advise i have a european PSP with version 1.52 this is the standard version , i cannot get ur emu or games to work on this, i know other people have with U.S.A and JAP PSP'S so does anyone know if its the euro ones that u cannot play games and use emu's on?????
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Firmware version 1.5 or lower is required. Anything higher, 1.51, 1.52 or 2.0 hasn't been cracked yet. So for now at least you're out of luck.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

....hasn't 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 been cracked ?

IIRC 2.0 is about as impregnable as Linux atm.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I could be wrong but last I checked they weren't. And yeah, 2.0 is when Sony started to really play hardball with their protection.
SqEn206
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by SqEn206 »

Update: A downgrader to change the firmware from 2.0 to 1.5 has been released recently within the past week. Check the usual sources if you want to get your hands on it...just be aware that it is POSSIBLE to end up bricking your PSP if you don't know what you're doing.

*EDIT - It turns out a fake downgrader is out there that will immediately brick your psp when executed...I'm passing this on from a fellow member on gamefaqs.
"From: geministar | Posted: 10/2/2005 10:28:26 PM | Message Detail
Taken from pspupdates.com,

there is a fake patcher going around that will brick the psp.

Note: I have taken out the addresses so i dont violate any rules. http://mirror.toc2rta.com/disasm_skylark.txt

For anyone who has seen a "patcher" floating around the net by PSP Team. Its fake. It will brick your PSP and will void your warranty. Skylark has disassembled the binary :

_start:
call main()
while(1)

sceIoAssign:
syscall ******

sceIoRemove:
syscall ******

main:
call FillVram(0)
call Print(***********,"PSP TEAM 2.0 Exploit Hack the 2.0 firmware")
call Print(**************,"Thank's to toc2rta for the 2.0 exploit :) ")
call sceIoAssign("flash6:", "lflash0:0,0", "flashfat2:", 0, 0, 0)
call sceIoRemove("flash6:/vsh/etc/index.dat")
call sceIoRemove("flash6:/kd/loadcore.prx")
call sceIoRemove("flash6:/kd/loadexec.prx")
call sceIoRemove("flash6:/kd/init.prx")
call Print(********," Your 2.0 is hacked please reboot ")
call Print(********," Thank you PSP Team the french team")
call Print(********," **** yoshihiro and SonyxTeam Looser")

as you can see form the above, it deletes key files from the firmware. This was made with the intention to brick your psp. be careful with what you use.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS THE MPH DOWNGRADER!"
With that said, make sure the one you're downloading is the MPH downgrader.
Thaius
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Thaius »

Mine is 1.60... I rarely see that mentioned. What do I do with this? I'm new to this PSP modding stuff, in case you couldn't tell :?
Thaius
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Thaius »

Sorry: 2.60
GAMEfreak
Snes9x White Belt

Post by GAMEfreak »

thought id do a good deed and help you guys out (regged to post :roll: ).

any psp running 3.52 m33-2 or 3.71(with a patch) m33 custom firmware has the ability to run the psp with both the 1.5 and 2.0 kernel. making it possible to play the psp version of snes 9x. if your looking for the actual files psp-hacks.co.uk is a good bet as is dark-alex.org, which is the homepage of one of the developers in the m33 team. i take no responsibility for those toying with their psps. personally i would look at dark alex's site though for files as i trust it. psp hacks one the other hand is good for tutorials if you dunno what ur doing. good luck!
snes9x psp version user
adventure_of_link

wow, when did dark_alex come back?

I thought he left the scene for good... heh, looks like there's a new update of his custom firmware in any case..

* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)

MysticalOS
Snes9x White Belt

Post by MysticalOS »

too bad I'm not nearly smart enough to figure out how to actually do it. I looked at like 5 different tutorials and just can't figure out how to upgrade a PSP with offical sony 3.72 firmware to the modded 3.71, every tutorial is either upgrading from ancient PSP firmware, or a previous modded firmware, not a single one exists anywhere on internet on what to do once you already have 3.72 installed.
sallyxi
Snes9x White Belt

Re: SNES9X FOR PSP!!!!!

Post by sallyxi »

well noted with thanks
tn5421
Snes9x White Belt

Post by tn5421 »

hello, i am new to the psp and need some help in getting Snes9X_002y32 working.

I have the files i want in \PSP\GAME\SNES9Xincluding the EBOOT.PBP

From what i understand, this should run when i boot the psp, yet it doesn't.
insert halp~ ~

pm me please.
adventure_of_link

tn5421 wrote:hello, i am new to the psp and need some help in getting Snes9X_002y32 working.

I have the files i want in \PSP\GAME\SNES9Xincluding the EBOOT.PBP

From what i understand, this should run when i boot the psp, yet it doesn't.
insert halp~ ~

pm me please.
the original post wrote:Sorry! We don't really support this version of Snes9x. You'll have to find the web site you downloaded it from and search for a FAQ, ReadMe, or a forum to answer your questions.

* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)

BigFattyPlus
Snes9x White Belt

Post by BigFattyPlus »

I don't have a PSP yet, but was thinking of getting one, but I had a question: Is there a safe and easy way to mod your PSP for SNES Emulators and ROMs?
"Suffer the little ones, for they may yet rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering
libman
Snes9x White Belt

Post by libman »

BigFattyPlus wrote:I don't have a PSP yet, but was thinking of getting one, but I had a question: Is there a safe and easy way to mod your PSP for SNES Emulators and ROMs?
With Pandora battery and magic memory stick it's fairly safe nowadays to mod PSP. You can either try and make the battery yourself so you can downgrade your firmware 1.5 and put custom firmware on it, or there are a few companies out there that will do it for you if you send them your PSP.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
rockthedecline
Snes9x White Belt

Help with SNES9x

Post by rockthedecline »

Hey. I'm currently running M33 4.01 on a PSP Phat. I've tried installing this program several times in several ways. I have the 1.5 kernel. Every time I try to run this program, on the initial setup I get the disclaimer and when I click X to proceed, it freezes and I have to do a hard shutdown. When I start the program up a second time, the screen flashes white and then goes blank. If I uninstall and then reinstall the program it does those same two steps again. Any ideas? My NES emu works fine. No clue what to do. Thanks.
CSM60
Snes9x White Belt

Post by CSM60 »

I have a PSP with snes9xtyl on, and it works for pretty much every cfw, 1.50 kernel or not. But it definitely works on 3.71 M33, 3.90 M33, 4.01 M33 and 5.00 M33. PM me if you're interested and i will give you a link.
SMW hacks rule
adventure_of_link

Due to recent rule changes (the ports to other consoles being supported, etc), this thread is no longer relevant. I will keep this locked and stickied for archival/hint purposes.

* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)