save game issue

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
chewfaimau
Snes9x White Belt

save game issue

Post by chewfaimau »

Hi I am having issues with save game, I have been looking around the site for the past couple of days and trying to figure out how to save my game.

To list what I am doing
1) saving the game through in game option NOT USING SAVE GAME STATE
2)I am using this on the googleplay edition LG G Pad 8.3

I have been reading about the save state function and don't want to use it. I think its a great program and very user friendly but I am idiot when trying to figure out if the game is saving the file to another location or if its saving it at all. On another side note I am also using My Boy! Free from the googleplay store and I can save my games there and open them back up (while in-game). I am asking for help to guide me through the process on how to do this correctly and thank you for your help.
chewfaimau
Snes9x White Belt

Re: save game issue

Post by chewfaimau »

So I think I solved my own problem but the issue was the program not being able to write to sd card folder. I have to pick a folder that was already there in my tablet which I was trying to do anyway. To solve my problem I selected to save my file in the storage/emulated/legacy/data folder which works for me.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: save game issue

Post by adventure_of_link »

Yeah, unfortunately for whatever reason Android doesn't allow this kind of behaviour anymore... this is why I always put my internal saves on the internal storage and my games on the SD :)

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley