Controller config

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
ZeReLioN
Snes9x White Belt

Controller config

Post by ZeReLioN »

I am currently trying out Snes9x and am wondering if there is a way to use both the dpad and the left thumbstick for movement? Such as you can with ZSNES. It seems you can only map one or the other. Moreover I can't seem to map the diagonals with my thumbstick.

I am using a PS4 controller but using a tool so it is recognised as a 360 controller.

Thanks for the help.
ZeReLioN
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Controller config

Post by ZeReLioN »

Hmm I don't see a way to edit posts so I'm just gonna have to post here.

Apparently when mapping the joystick I don't need to map the diagonals unlike if I were to use the d-pad for some reason.

But I'm still wondering if there is a way to use both the thumbstick and d-pad for directional movement, like on the ZSNES?
budafuko
Snes9x White Belt

Post by budafuko »

i guess not cause i've seen this question asked multiple times and i've had to bump every single one of them. it should be easy to program in but at this point i assume snes9x is finished and they aren't adding a thing. might need to use xpadder and make a profile that copies the d pad to the joystick.. i wouldn't do it the other way around cause u will miss 4 of the 8 directions. (there is no upleft, ect. on an analogue stick to map to the d pad but every digital input from the d pad that is required can be mapped to the analogue stick)
Tyrone20XX
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Tyrone20XX »

For a Windows install the workaround that I use is to launch Snes9X as a non-Steam game. This allows me all the controller customization options available in steam. including mapping different inputs onto the same button (in this case mapping both the left joystick and the DPAD of my controller to input as the DPAD)

It's not a good solution for everyone, but my system is a Windows 10 htpc and I launch all my retro games from steam anyway.

I hope this helps.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

issue created on GitHub for the feature request: https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/issues/779