SteelSeries Status Duo - all of a sudden, not working

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
oldyelling
Snes9x White Belt

SteelSeries Status Duo - all of a sudden, not working

Post by oldyelling »

I have had a SteelSeries Stratus Duo controller for my PC for a year and a half now, and never had any problems with SNES9x and the controller. All of a sudden, it stopped working on 1.54. I tried to fix it, and it didn't work, so I installed 1.6, still no dice. This controller works on all of my other emulators and games. Why isn't it working with SNES9x 1.6?
oldyelling
Snes9x White Belt

Re: SteelSeries Status Duo - all of a sudden, not working

Post by oldyelling »

ok so it turned out that for some reason, randomly I had to go in and manually disable the other controllers 1-4 and then remap controller 1.
oldyelling
Snes9x White Belt

Post by oldyelling »

alright this has happened again, and I disabled the other controllers, both their buttons and checkmarks, and my controller still is not read by the emulator. What is going on? It was working well from when I last posted to now!
oldyelling
Snes9x White Belt

Post by oldyelling »

On Version 1.60: I've just started playing again for the first time in months, and it seems that my controller is recognized, but when I go to set up the buttons, if I click on the input box where for "up" is, the mapping automatically and instantly is J0(Left). I disabled the other controllers and got the same thing. I've used this controller with this emulator before. What's going on?
oldyelling
Snes9x White Belt

Post by oldyelling »

well I've noticed one thing, that may or may not be pertinent to some here: I download my files onto my C (system) drive, and with SNES 9x, I used to put them on my D just after the download but before doing the settings. Apparently, that didn't play nice with my config file and the issue I described a few mins ago occurred. Then I tried downloading, extracting and setting the config on my C drive. and then moving it to my D drive, and it worked. Is this related to issues others may be having?
oldyelling
Snes9x White Belt

Post by oldyelling »

actually, I think I've realized what was going on, and since this fix, I've not had issues again: I have a Razer camera with additional apps (besides the camera itself) that start upon startup, thus automatically run until I stop them. Once I turned them off, no more probs! So in case you get issues like this, see here