Can someone please tell me if I'll be ok?

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.
synaptic flow
Snes9x White Belt

Can someone please tell me if I'll be ok?

Post by synaptic flow »

Hello everyone.

I haven't used Snes9x for years. I would like to try it again but I am scared as heck to.

It used to totally ruin/hijack my file associations and that is not something I can accept. It was an utter PITA getting everything back to normal.
After that I never touched the program again. I'm gonna guess this was something like 8 years ago on my Windows 10 machine. I couldn't believe it when I saw that everything was screwed up on my computer.

PS: I don't even want it assigning game roms to itself (or at least roms for other consoles) but it used to mess up everything, not just game roms.

So, simple question, does Snes9x still have this problem? Please tell me it has been resolved so I can try it out again.
syndenbock
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Can someone please tell me if I'll be ok?

Post by syndenbock »

I don't have this problem with snes9x and also there is an option to not set registry keys for file associations anymore.
An issue about this is still open on Github but I think it has been implemented already as both the value in the snes9x.conf and the option in the emulator itself exist.
Link to the issue: https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/issues/787
Last edited by syndenbock on Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.