Overly stiff controls on the XBox 360 controller?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Overly stiff controls on the XBox 360 controller?

Post by adventure_of_link »

Windows 7 Ultimate
PS3 controller connected with SCP DS3
Snes9X v1.53 x64 (latest testbuild)

Anyways... the problem I'm having involves code inputs... now that I think of it, it could be isolated to one game (yeah like "The Pagemaster").

On "Super Ghouls n Ghosts" I can input the level select code (Get into the options, go to Exit, then hold L+R+Start on controller 2 while pressing start on controller 1), and I have my PS3/"360" Pad set to controller 2 and the keyboard set to controller 1 (thank you button 6), code works just fine. However, when I go to input one of the many level select codes for "The Pagemaster" (the one I'm using is: at the title screen, press B, A, L, Down, Y, B, A L, Down, Y, Start) using my PS3/"360" Pad the code doesn't input for some reason :? however I'll swap input to the keyboard (again thank you 6 button :) ), input the code and BAM it works.

Help?

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Overly stiff controls on the XBox 360 controller?

Post by odditude »

are you hitting down cleanly? the game might be rejecting it if you're hitting a diagonal for a few frames. try it in joy.cpl and see how clean your input is.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: Overly stiff controls on the XBox 360 controller?

Post by adventure_of_link »

odditude wrote:are you hitting down cleanly? the game might be rejecting it if you're hitting a diagonal for a few frames. try it in joy.cpl and see how clean your input is.
That did it, thanks. I did a few practice runs in joy.cpl and I was hitting down cleanly EVERY TIME, then I fire up Pagemaster and I nailed it in one try. Go figure. -shrugs- :?

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley