Why do these lines show up at the bottom of the game?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Taran
Snes9x White Belt

Why do these lines show up at the bottom of the game?

Post by Taran »

The game starts out fine then a few minutes into it this line will show up at the bottom of the game.
I am using the latest version of the Emulator.
Here are some screenshots of what happens.

Also...is this the best version of the emulator? I never had these issues in 1.52..so was wondering if maybe another version was still prefered over this one.
You have to open the image in a new tab btw to see the line im talking about.
Interesting thing also.
When this happens in a game it seems to copy the top of the screen and put part of it at the bottom in the form of the line right?
Well when i keep the emulator on and just go to file and start a different game completely that line stays..with the previous games image. So the line does not go away..or even copy the new game into the image..but actually keeps the old games image in the new game...if you see what i am talking about.
Attachments
ct settings.JPG
ct settings.JPG (223.2 KiB) Viewed 13856 times
ct.JPG
ct.JPG (196.22 KiB) Viewed 13856 times
DaveTheMan
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Why do these lines show up at the bottom of the game?

Post by DaveTheMan »

Un-Check Maintan Aspect Ratio
Taran
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Taran »

If i uncheck that the game stretches way to far and fills my whole screen...making the image blurry and and throwing the image way off. Playing with ratio on makes the game look way better. I think i found the issue. Its because Chrono Trigger has that black bar at the bottom of the screen in combat areas. Does not happen in the menu and world map. In games that do not have the black bar i have no issues.
The issue is fixed quickly by saving on a save state then loading. Takes about a second to do all that so its not a big deal.
BearOso
Official GTK/Linux Porter/Dev

Post by BearOso »

That's leftover garbage on the texture brought into visibility through bilinear filtering. It's a pain, but it's certainly possible to get rid of it. It might be handled in the latest snapshot, but if not, OV2 should be able to fix it.