Transfer Save Data Between iPhone/iPad - resume game?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Mattlikex
Snes9x White Belt

Transfer Save Data Between iPhone/iPad - resume game?

Post by Mattlikex »

1st post, used search, can't seem to find an answer. I sought help from reddit jailbreak community with no luck.

Here is my problem: I can transfer .smc files, .srm files, and .frz files between my iDevices just fine. I've kept my directory structure almost identical on both devices (var/mobile/media/roms/snes/). I keep my save data in the same directory as my rom files. I've transferred all game related files (the smc, srm, and frz files) to look the same on both devices. When I open Snes9x on iPad, I can only load the .smc file and begin a new game--and I'd like to find a way to resume the same game I started on my iPhone. Any suggestions? Thanks!
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: Transfer Save Data Between iPhone/iPad - resume game?

Post by adventure_of_link »

by any chance, is one iDevice running Snes9X EX and the other running Snes9X EX+? (in other words one icon should have the super nintendo button color layout and the other should be the super famicom color layout)

Keep in mind that Snes9X EX is based off 1.43 and Snes9X EX+ is based off the latest codebase. Which means broken save state compatability.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
Mattlikex
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Mattlikex »

Thanks for reply. I checked and I have same version (EX+) on both. After double checking all files, I went into options-->system-->auto confirm load-state-->OFF, and then the "load state" button was enabled on main menu, and it loaded automatically. I changed games and went back to test, and loading the .smc file picked up from save state. So I got it figured out. Thanks again!
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

Mattlikex wrote:Thanks for reply. I checked and I have same version (EX+) on both. After double checking all files, I went into options-->system-->auto confirm load-state-->OFF, and then the "load state" button was enabled on main menu, and it loaded automatically. I changed games and went back to test, and loading the .smc file picked up from save state. So I got it figured out. Thanks again!
no problem, although you figured it out on your own.. :P

Enjoy the emulator! :)

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley