USB controller recognized by Windows 7, not by Snes9x

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
ithryn
Snes9x White Belt

USB controller recognized by Windows 7, not by Snes9x

Post by ithryn »

Just purchased a Logitech F310 gamepad to use with Snes9x. It's completely recognized by Windows 7 device manager (I can calibrate, etc) as well as the Logitech software. However it's only partly recognized by Snes9x - I can map the controls to the buttons, but it's not recognized in-game. It's set to joypad #1. It's also not recognized by Nestopia or ZSNES at all, not even for mapping controls, so it's not only a Snes9x issue, but Snes9x is the main program we'd be using this in. I have the controller plugged in before I boot up the emulator programs.

There's a switch on the back of the controller for Xinput or "D" mode, and both options are recognized by Win 7, but neither does anything.

The emulators worked perfectly with keyboard input.

I've searched and searched various message boards but haven't found a solution.

Chris
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Re: USB controller recognized by Windows 7, not by Snes9x

Post by OV2 »

If you send me your config I can take a look if something is wrong. Other than that I don't know what's wrong - the input config uses the same method to detect button presses as the game logic.
Is the joypad enabled in s9x and input set to "Use SNES Joypad(s)"?
ithryn
Snes9x White Belt

Post by ithryn »

I don't know why, but this morning it's working. I'm wondering if when I was monkeying around with the settings I clicked or unclicked "Enabled" next to the joypad selection.

Sorry about the confusion. It seems to be working fine now. Thank you so much for responding!
Attachments
joypad.jpg
joypad.jpg (66.15 KiB) Viewed 37588 times
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Checking the "Enabled" checkbox is effectively plugging or unplugging the game controller from that port.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

Just FWIW, could we have a feature to where controller #1 is always enabled by default? I mean really, are there _any_ games that don't use a controller in port #1?

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

adventure_of_link wrote:Just FWIW, could we have a feature to where controller #1 is always enabled by default? I mean really, are there _any_ games that don't use a controller in port #1?
That is a good point... :\
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!