I/O Error when saving

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
chillbill274
Snes9x White Belt

I/O Error when saving

Post by chillbill274 »

i downloaded Snes9x for my webos phone. I love the emulator, it works great, i love the way you can change all the controll settings and placement but when i go to try and save a game it gives me an I/O Error. I searched on the new and your forum for a solution but couldnt find one. Anyone who can help me on this i would greatly appreciate, whats the point of Snes's great RPG's if you cant save your game!
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Check where Snes9x is trying to save to, and make sure it's none of the following:

A folder that doesn't exist.
A place that is read-only (can't write to it). (e.g., a CD or SD card with the write-protect switch toggled to ON.)
A folder that you don't have permission to write files there.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
chillbill274
Snes9x White Belt

I/O error when saving

Post by chillbill274 »

I checked all through the program and only found two parts that had anything to do with saves. None of them give me a choice for a save directory or anything, i can choose a state slot but when i hit save state i get the I/O error. The Snes9x version i have is 1.4.8-armv6. I went to each choice in every menu available looking for something to do with where the saves store but i cant find it. I even tried to use the auto save feature 9x gives you thinking maybe it would work but still no saves, and its both game saves and save states. Oh video game gods! is it too much to ask to save an RPG! lol,
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

I have no idea then as I have no way of reproducing your issue; I don't have a smart phone.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

Chances are your phone is picky about where programs can write.

What version of SNES9x are you using? Where did you download it from?
mcyoung
Snes9x White Belt

Re: I/O Error when saving

Post by mcyoung »

Hi im also hving the same problem, when i click save state file i/o error comes out. Im using snes9x ex v1.4.19 on samsung galaxy tab 7.7

Also, the game save doesnt work. Every time i exit the game and load it again no saved file comes out, playing legend of zelda link to the past. Appreciate any help thanks guys!
Mrarroyo
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Mrarroyo »

I have found a solution:
Find your roms folder for snes (mine is media/ROMs/SNES/) and change the folder properties to write for Group and World. When I did this, I was able to save states with it. I personally used iFile on iOS to do this, but it's possible to change through other applications! I hope this helps everyone.
duco1202
Snes9x White Belt

Post by duco1202 »