V-sync not

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Duthos
Snes9x White Belt

V-sync not

Post by Duthos »

Don't sure how else to phrase it. As far as I can tell, V-sync should be enabled. It is forced on in my video card, as well as being set to on in the .cfg.

However, in game there is truly horrific tearing that looks exactly as though v-sync was not enabled.

Kind of at a loss, and would really appreciate some wisdom.
Duthos
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Duthos »

Using the 64-bit test build resolves this.

Maybe the sticky should be updated to list that as the current version.

I am having another 'smaller' issue. Slowdown in games at particular points where a SNES might have lagged. It almost seems like the compter is emulating how a SNES would have handled, except a little more so.

The game in questin is DKC3, and when there are many enelies on the screen it can slowdown alot. But where the SNES would have lost about 20% of its speed as you got through a crowded part, the emulator is losing closer to 40%.

I am kinda leery of just putting frameskipping on, as I would actually prefer slowdown over skipped frames. Anyway, is there something I am missing, some 'best' way to set up for DKC3?

Also, huge thanks to the guy that made this emulator.
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

For future problems: please include what version and os you are using. Since you had display problems it would also be nice to know what output driver you are using (d3d/directdraw/ogl).

As for the slowdown: if the snes produces a slowdown in games, snes9x will do the same.