Feature request

This is for people involved in the developement of Snes9x, or SNES emulators in general.
BUG REPORTS BELONG IN TECH SUPPORT/BUG TRACKING!
sherwelbuilding
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Feature request

Post by sherwelbuilding »

handle wrote:Hi guys,

I was wondering if there's a new version of Snes9X after 1.51 in the pipeline (for Windows)?
There isn't an official one but I highly recommend OV2's D3D version, it really helps improve graphics on vista.
Akagis_White_Comet
Snes9x White Belt

Re: About that limit thing

Post by Akagis_White_Comet »

Bluartisteyes wrote:I was wondering if there is any chance you could double the code limit you gave him, cuz I have a really fast pc that handles this fine, but I also have another almost 3000 codes to remove all pollution from the map. and since the limits there I can only use the one set or the other in case anyone like the other guy on here that was asking for the limit adjustment is interested the code starts at 7E0D0000 and goes to same middle four as the land value 7E76B700 by the way my guess is 7D0D0000 is another attribute like traffic or something and possibly 7C0D0000 cuz the pattern is apparent now that we have two.
This might just be me, but you may want to double-check your math on this. If you subtract the Land Value block's beginner address (7F6B00) from the block's ending address (7F76B7), the result is BB7 (2999 in decimal). 7E76B7-7E0D00=69B7 (27063 in decimal)

So far, thanks to Alex Mcleod (found his cheat code video on youtube) I've documented the following:
Land value: 7F6B00xx through 7F76B7xx using FA as the value on every address.

Assuming that everything such as pollution and land value uses the same 60x50 grid and the same scale of values, the address block you've stated doesn't add up. Could you please correct me on this if I'm wrong?
Bluartisteyes
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Bluartisteyes »

Akagis_White_Comet wrote:
Bluartisteyes wrote:I was wondering if there is any chance you could double the code limit you gave him, cuz I have a really fast pc that handles this fine, but I also have another almost 3000 codes to remove all pollution from the map. and since the limits there I can only use the one set or the other in case anyone like the other guy on here that was asking for the limit adjustment is interested the code starts at 7E0D0000 and goes to same middle four as the land value 7E76B700 by the way my guess is 7D0D0000 is another attribute like traffic or something and possibly 7C0D0000 cuz the pattern is apparent now that we have two.
This might just be me, but you may want to double-check your math on this. If you subtract the Land Value block's beginner address (7F6B00) from the block's ending address (7F76B7), the result is BB7 (2999 in decimal). 7E76B7-7E0D00=69B7 (27063 in decimal)

So far, thanks to Alex Mcleod (found his cheat code video on youtube) I've documented the following:

Assuming that everything such as pollution and land value uses the same 60x50 grid and the same scale of values, the address block you've stated doesn't add up. Could you please correct me on this if I'm wrong?
Wow, sorry man I barely understood that, but I have not really got the time it would take to double check that and without a reason like say the higher code limit snex9x there's really no point in trying since I can't use them all to cover high land value and so on for whole map on free land and make a perfect city with all nice white tops and c-tops and I-5 buildings and no crime. That would be cool to see if that would max out the population, and thus make it worth doing the math. But I did not hear any reply about anything being on the way from the maker of the app, so I am guessing it was too much work I requested of him and I understand if it is, cuz if coding is anything like doing the math I can imagine it would be a pretty heavy load. I appreciate the work ya did though documenting those, and hope my little bit of info helps if you need to find the other values, my range might be off, but I am pretty sure those are the locations to those other attributes.
BluArtistEyes7
Snes9x White Belt

Post by BluArtistEyes7 »

Akagis_White_Comet wrote:

No my math wasn't off your assumption was wrong the police grid and other things as well are scaled very differently, so there is not that number of codes for police coverage which it totally useless codes without crime 0 codes to accompany them there are probly 100-200 codes because the grid is way bigger. 7fAxxx - 7fbxxx is police coverage btw. I am sure the grid on the ones i found before is different as well and max land value is ff don't know why the other guy is using fa unless it's to avoid housing cost complaint, but I would rather see all rtops & ctops and i think it works just fine with max land value at max as long as you code the housing cost complaint to 0%.
BluArtistEyes7
Snes9x White Belt

Post by BluArtistEyes7 »

If you want the useless police coverage codes start in middle 7fb000 value FF (I didn't finish documenting them when I found out crime still needs another code to set it to 0 regardless of police coverage squares, this might be because these only make the red squares on grid & you need additional code for actual police coverage changes. {but then again if that is the case, I'm not 100% sure any of the grid codes do more then graphic effects in map on game, can anyone verify this??})
BluArtistEyes7
Snes9x White Belt

Post by BluArtistEyes7 »

Can you please provide a new version of the snes9x that allows the extended cheats to 2k again or whatever it was last time when you removed the code cap off limit. I now want to try using it again, esp now that I found out the grids are not all the same size & it's possible to code certain things to make cities grow better in sim city, also please consider a sim city version of snes9x that allows extended code limits for this wonderful emulator as a permanent special edition.
BluArtistEyes7
Snes9x White Belt

Post by BluArtistEyes7 »

It would be awesome if you guys had a sim city edition of snes9x that allowed inputting of code ranges with same value, so when you know that 7FAFE8 - 7FB060 is most of the police coverage range you can enter in the code range and have all those codes entered automatically with whatever value you want them set at. Please at least bring back the extended codes edition though, I tried to download from link, but it's gone now. Would be outdated version now anyway, so I hope you guys will offer that version again with the newest version of emulator.
CalAnon
Snes9x White Belt

Post by CalAnon »

I would like to thank the Developers for porting the 3,500 Cheat Code version of SNES9x to v1.53

While I don't do cheats on SimCity for all those property squares, I do use more than 150 cheats for three "junior" Strategy Games:

-Liberty or Death. Each Officer has a few exploitable values, including Training Level, Armaments Level, Reputation, Body (energy), and Rank. Each side has about 130-150 officers. Just one code per officer puts me at or over the limit, and this doesn't get into Congress/House of Commons, where support from each Representative is important to not get fired. That's another 20 codes. Then, there's the general cheats, like Money, Powder and Food for each district, each district's Approval Rating towards the player (increases tax income), the health of each of the six player Naval Fleets, and so on. This can be hundreds of codes - I tend only to use about 1 per officer, 1 per Representative, and then perhaps a couple more. That's still over 170 codes. This is my biggest code hog, and the #1 reason I've sought out a SNES9x that had a larger possible code list.

-PTO: Pacific Theater of Operations. Again, each Officer has codes, but in this case, it's four codes per officer dictating their performance in battle. In addition, there can be up to 12 stat codes per ship, and each side has 125 ships. This isn't getting into things like budget, national tech levels and armament reserves, etc. Despite just using a few codes (buffing a few officers, force-editing the stats on a few ships, etc.), I did find myself running out of code space.

-Operation Europe. Each officer has six stats, then individual units have stats that call up unit type, force strength, etc. After that, you need codes for reserve supplies, available transport planes, etc. Again, I can go over 150 pretty easily.

I'm sure there are other Strategy Games that could exceed 150 codes, SimCity was already discussed, and if you really tried at it, I'm sure Final Fantasy 4, 5, and 6 (4 = Final Fantasy II SNES, 6 = Final Fantasy III SNES), and perhaps a few other RPG's.

Again, my sincerest thanks to the Dev(s) that made this possible.

For anyone looking for the SNES9x 1.53 3,500 code variant, the SNES9x team updated their website some time before this post was made, and relocated the URL. This URL will lead to the "tmp" folder on their new website.

http://www.s9x-w32.de/tmp/

snes9x_3500_cheats.zip is based on SNES9x 1.51
snes9x_3500_testbuild.zip is the one based on SNES9x 1.53

I have no idea what the others are.