Windows Installer Package for Snes9x 1.43 available

This is for people involved in the developement of Snes9x, or SNES emulators in general.
BUG REPORTS BELONG IN TECH SUPPORT/BUG TRACKING!
Anonymous

Windows Installer Package for Snes9x 1.43 available

Post by Anonymous »

Some time back I asked about having one default setting changed so Snes9x for Win32 could use the user's Application Data folder as the default storage area for freeze files and nvram images. This would let snes9x work with limited user accounts on XP and support user profiles. The Linux version already does, defaulting to "~/somefolder" or other.

Barring that I recall threatening to create a Windows Installer package instead. Here it is:

http://www.pan-am.ca/antiwindowscatalog ... x-1.43.msi

This installer uses the guidelines set in the Designed for Windows XP specifications, plus sets two default Registry settings - "Last Directory" and "Freeze File Directory" - to folders in the current user's profile. When a new user launches the program shortcut, a short "Preparing to Install..." window appears which prepopulates the needed settings.

In addition to supporting limited accounts, per-user settings and roving per-user settings, the MSI is useful for distributing Snes9x with Group Policy in a Windows 2000/2003 domain. Not immediately useful for single computers, but a LAN party or arcade with a Win2K server could benefit.

The site hosts may list pan-am.ca as a mirror for distributing Snes9x for Windows, and of course can mirror the MSI file if they choose. I tried to keep all of the copyright, contact, etc information correct, but if there's a mistake let me know. Alternately, you can edit the MSI using the Windows Installer Table Editor (Orca), available for free from Microsoft's MSDN site.
tari
Snes9x White Belt

Post by tari »

That link do not work (
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by the_randomizer »

This post is five years old; download the new version instead. 1.52 is SO much better than 1.43.
Lisa: "I hope you all know you're sponsoring a murderous pirate!"
Sponsor: "A pirate!!? Well, that's hardly the image we need for Long John Silvers!"
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

not the latest version + expired link + necromancy = recipe for a thread lock.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley