Can't Locate the save files

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Zerubel
Snes9x White Belt

Can't Locate the save files

Post by Zerubel »

I recently started playing Earthbound for the first time on my Motorola Xoom using Snes9x EX. Having gotten to a certain point in the game, I discovered that I had missed a crucial (and only) opportunity to acquire the Sword Of Kings, which is the only sword the fourth character can equip.

I then attempted to transfer my rom from the xoom to the computer in order to modify my inventory with cheat codes. Instead, the rom loads as if it was never played.

Further research showed that I needed to transfer save files along with the rom, in either .srm or .001 format or something similar.

There are no save files of any sort appearing in the rom folder and I've been searching all over the place for an answer. I even went into the folder options and selected "Show Hidden files" and used the search function (I'm using windows 7). I've tried doing in-game saves and even loading the rom straight from the xoom into the pc emulator, but nothing works.

If anyone can help me I'd be very grateful :(
Rakashazi
Official iOS & Android Porter

Post by Rakashazi »

The save files are currently stored in the same directory as the rom, .srm for battery saves, and .s96 for save states. The .srm file is compatible with other emulators so that's what you'll want to transfer along with the rom file. Once you have modified it and copy it back to your Xoom, make sure you delete the auto-save state (file extension .0A.s96) if you're using one to prevent the battery data in it from replacing the newer data in the .srm file.
dragonquester1927
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Can't Locate the save files

Post by dragonquester1927 »

You said the save files are in the same directory as the ROM. But where is that directory? I can't find it
starfiretbt
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Can't Locate the save files

Post by starfiretbt »

for me the saves are in a folder called "saves" right next to the folders cheats, roms, screenshots, and all the files needed to run the emulator including the emulator "snes9x"