[HELP] multiple D-Pad buttons at once not working?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
PutPineappleOnPizza
Snes9x White Belt

[HELP] multiple D-Pad buttons at once not working?

Post by PutPineappleOnPizza »

Hi guys,

i'm fairly new to using this emulator and stumbled upon a weird issue and i don't know if it's the controllers that i have tried or the emulator or some option that i maybe overlooked... i'm currently trying to get into smw kaizo hacks and playing those requires to often use multiple dpad buttons at once to for example move upwards and right under water..
Now the problem: this doesn't work at all, not on my ps4 controller, not on the switch pro controller and not on an old sxbox 360 controller. I sadly don't own a adapter to use my snes controller yet and first wanted to know if it's really the controllers or something that is software related... i clearly can press down two buttons at once on every controller but snes9x doesn't register it when i use the option to display my inputs...
it works fine with the analoguestick but i don't want to use that because it's not precise enough..

Thanks in advance for any help :)
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: [HELP] multiple D-Pad buttons at once not working?

Post by odditude »

you need to map the diagonals explicitly if snes9x isn't reading them (it's in the same dialog used for mapping the cardinal directions and the buttons).

this most commonly happens for controls which are considered hat switches (such as the D-pad on a DualShock 4).