Sound issue (sort of)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
papercut
Snes9x White Belt

Sound issue (sort of)

Post by papercut »

On Windows 10 the snes9x will sometimes play back sounds as crackly or with poor quality and distorted. This almost always occurs after leaving the window with the game running in a minimized state for 30 minutes or more. Usually I can toggle the full screen by pressing the Alt and Enter buttons rapidly and this will resolve what is, I assume, some kind of syncing issue (because the snes9x is a jukebox :/ haha). Recently, however, this wasn't doing the trick so I tried closing and restarting, but that didn't work either, along with resetting all the emulator options to default (I had it overclocking on the low setting). SO, I ran the snes9x-64 application, opened the game I was playing (Secret of Mana, orig. ver.) and the sound problem was resolved. Then, I ran the non-64 bit snes9x application, and it also had resolved the sound issue. This is probably only an issue with the PC, not the snes9x itself, I believe, but every little bit helps when you're re-tooling things.