Snes9x EX+ save compatibility with snes9x 1.53

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Sven
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x EX+ save compatibility with snes9x 1.53

Post by Sven »

Hye all

I just downloaded snes9x ex+ on my nexus7 tab, and i wanted tout play a game i already started on snes9x 1.53. But i can't manage to get it.

How can I manage to make my saves work on both emulators? I want to be able to play in the train, then transfer my save to computer, play, then save ant transfer it back to the phone.

Could you please help me?
thanks, have a nice day
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: Snes9x EX+ save compatibility with snes9x 1.53

Post by adventure_of_link »

You should be able to transfer the *.srm from the tablet to the computer and vice versa just fine.

You'll have to find where Snes9X EX+ sets the saves by default (IIRC in the folder with the ROM), hook the tablet to your computer, navigate there, then copypaste your save from there into the save directory on your computer. And to transfer back you simply copy from the computer to the tablet.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
aearon
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Snes9x EX+ save compatibility with snes9x 1.53

Post by aearon »

It's true you can use the .srm file, but it's more convenient to use snapshots. The Snex9x EX+ site says, "Snes9x EX+: Save states are named with extension .0A.frz for the auto-save slot, and .0X.frz where X is the slot number for manual saves. These are compatible with Snes9x 1.53 for PC."

When I try to load a save state in Snes9x 1.53 for PC (Windows), it looks for a file with a .zst extension (rather than .frz). I tried renaming it to .zst, but then I get "Incompatible snapshot version."

Is there any way to get the PC version to load .frz files?