Issue with X360 Controller to Samsung Galaxy SII

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
ARGorilla
Snes9x White Belt

Issue with X360 Controller to Samsung Galaxy SII

Post by ARGorilla »

So I just bought an OTG cable for my 360 controller to connect to my SII, I'm pretty positive I'm running the latest version of Android OS as well.

The phone says "USB connector detected" then the x360 controller just flashes like it's trying to sync with the device.

I scoured forums but I couldn't really find anything specifically about Galaxy SII's

I don't have BT Joystick virtual keyboard emulator app because I've seen loads of people saying you don't need it for emulators, I've seen people on this forum say it works fine and is just plug and play, and I'm cheap, which is why I'm using a 360 controller in the first place instead of a PS3, so if I can avoid purchasing that app, that'd be helpful.

I notice in the game inputs options there is built in support for "generic controller" "PS3 controller" etc. etc.

Can anyone offer insight? I have the most updated version of Snes9x.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: Issue with X360 Controller to Samsung Galaxy SII

Post by adventure_of_link »

I do believe otg controller support came as of ice cream sandwich. As long as you're on that or jelly bean or kit kat or lollipop or whatever you're fine.

And I believe the PS3 controller, etc are default profiles.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley