transfer saves from psp to ps3

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
davisnub
Snes9x White Belt

transfer saves from psp to ps3

Post by davisnub »

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem that I have. My gf uses the psp for the most part to play donkey kong. However, we recently picked up a ps3 and she'd like to continue where her save left off. My psp is running snes9xTYL while my ps3 is running snes9next. I figured I could just copy the .srm file over to the ps3s donkey save location. however, when i load the game, it doesn't show the ability to load from that save. any ideas on how i can transfer the save over and load it up from the ps3?

thanks
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: transfer saves from psp to ps3

Post by adventure_of_link »

If there's a way to know where *.srm files get stored, you could store it there... also if it's possible to change the save location you could try that too.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
davisnub
Snes9x White Belt

Post by davisnub »

ill try changing the save location. i know where the saves are on both the psp and the ps3. i just figured it was cross platform compatible in regards to the srm file. when i tried before, they weren't.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

*.srm files are usually platform independent (meaning you can use them in any version of Snes9X, ZSNES, higan, etc no matter what system it's ported to)..

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley