Chou Mahou Tairiku WOZZ startup issue

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Red Soul
Snes9x White Belt

Chou Mahou Tairiku WOZZ startup issue

Post by Red Soul »

Hello to all on the S9X board. Since this is my first post, I feel it would be of bad form to simply lay out a bug report out of the blue, so, firstly I'd like to thank all of those involved, past and present, in making this great emulator that I've had the chance to come in contact with (and have been a regular user of) for a long time. The latest releases are especially pleasant to use, and the addition of shaders was a wonderful bit of progress, thank you all.

Now, on to the problem. The issue with CMTW is that, while it runs normally in its unpatched state, it has very odd behavior when patched and run on S9X; it takes several resets after pressing start from the splash screen
for the game to boot correctly. I did some research and it is not a patch (or patching) issue as the game runs correctly when patched on real hardware, Higan, Zsnes, and SnesGT (all emulators cited are up to date at the time of testing).

I also searched the forums and saw no post regarding this game, so I thought I'd make one. Once again, thank you for your hard work, S9X team.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: Chou Mahou Tairiku WOZZ startup issue

Post by adventure_of_link »

Do you happen to be using the latest Snes9X testbuild (if you're on Windows), or are you at the very least running Snes9X v1.53?
What is the CRC32 number of the ROM?

EDIT: you can get the testbuilds here: http://www.s9x-w32.de/dl/testbuilds/

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
Red Soul
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Red Soul »

Yes I'm using S9X 1.53 and having tried the latest testbuild doesn't help matters either (thanks for the link though). The patched ROM results in a good CRC (white text): 9E1CF43
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

Seems like this may be some kind of handling bug in one of the features of the game that it may offer. In other words it's likely there's a bug in the emulator.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley