Recommended Video Settings

Need a hint? Got a code or strategy? Share it all here!
Knightmare
Snes9x White Belt

Recommended Video Settings

Post by Knightmare »

I've been doing a lot of tinkering in Snes9x and I've found that there are A LOT of setting combinations to choose. I was wondering what works best for you. Some of the video settings crash Snes9x on my system, so there are some that I try to avoid. I have experimented with changing the Fullscreen Display Settings, but all of them look the same in fullscreen mode. Would it be best to choose the smallest setting or the largest setting?

Feel free to post any and all of your suggestions. I just want my games to run smoothly and clearly. 8)
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Re: Recommended Video Settings

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

The optimal video settings varies between computers greatly so it's hard to recommend a particular setting over another. Snes9x by default comes with what I like to call "safe" settings meaning that there's a good chance that the computer can run Snes9x without modifying any settings right out of the box, so to speak.

When you say "Fullscreen Display Settings" do you mean resolution? Generally you'll want the highest resolution your monitor or graphics card supports, as long as you don't drop any frames. This is rarely a issue for me anyway since I just maximize the game in windowed mode, which I think looks better, especially with the Scanlines graphic filter.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!