simultaneous button presses

Need a hint? Got a code or strategy? Share it all here!
theswiftwrath
Snes9x White Belt

simultaneous button presses

Post by theswiftwrath »

why cant i seem to press 2 or more buttons at the same time?
itll allow me to press a directional button w/ say x, but wont allow me to press for example a and b.
for games such as cutthroat island there are moves that require this but i of course cant comply...
any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: simultaneous button presses

Post by odditude »

i'm assuming you're using a keyboard, which is where the issue lies. most keyboards (by design) can't accommodate many pairs of keystrokes at the same time. your options are to 1) try adjusting your key bindings to see if you get lucky, keeping in mind that shift and control will more-or-less always work well or 2) invest in a gamepad (very, VERY highly recommended).
theswiftwrath
Snes9x White Belt

Post by theswiftwrath »

well i use s,d,f, and e for directions and j,i,m, and k for a,b,x, and y. i dont have problems using directions w/ the other button presses nor do i have problems w/ multiple directions. i had thought of what you suggested and that didnt seem to be the problem...
theswiftwrath
Snes9x White Belt

Post by theswiftwrath »

the problem just seems to be w/ pressing the a,b,x, and y buttons at the same time, regardless of where ive got them keyed to...

not all four at once btw, but rather 2. i can only assume that it wouldnt pick up more than that...