Average Floor tile size in LTTP

Need a hint? Got a code or strategy? Share it all here!
squall_leonhart69r

Average Floor tile size in LTTP

Post by squall_leonhart69r »

We're doing a scaled minecraft replica of the LTTP castle, interior, dungeons and upper floors but im having a bitch of a time figuring out what dimensions the tiles were.

this effects whether we need multiple tiles per lttp tile or not for the scaling.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

I'll look around for a sprite sheet. This sounds pretty neat, even though I don't play Minecraft anymore.

Based on what I see here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/z ... heet/28731

Looking in the top-most section of that pic, the large square tiles figure out to be 17x17 pixels.

The Rectangular tiles appear to be 9x17.

The smallest tiles appear to be 9x9 pixels.

So it's looking like you could do one block for each 9x9 floor tile, but you'd need 4 blocks to do a 17x17. (Since the 17x17 tile is roughly 1/4 the size of the 9x9 tile).

Hopefully this helps...
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

take screenshots, open them up in any editor that overlays a grid when you zoom in past a certain amount (like ms paint).
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

I think Squall's asking about tile size in meters, not pixels.

I'd say the tiles should be one-and-a-half Minecraft blocks wide each, but since that doesn't work too well just go for two. The LTTP tiles appear to be about as wide as Link is tall (ignoring the chibi aspect of it), and since Minecraft characters are two blocks tall...

Actually... I'd suggest trying out a tiny slice of the castle in one-block-per-tile and two-block-per-tile, and see how they look. You might have difficulty getting the appropriate detail with one block per tile, but two blocks per tile may wind up looking way too big. Give 'em both a shot.

--edit-- Okay, Camo's post was talking about the same thing, I'm a doofus.
Last edited by SparroHawc on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squall_leonhart69r

Post by squall_leonhart69r »

:p once spout supports custom world sizes, we're going to recreate hyrule in a 2x - 4x scale