Chrono Trigger on Mac

Need a hint? Got a code or strategy? Share it all here!
stageon1234
Snes9x White Belt

Chrono Trigger on Mac

Post by stageon1234 »

So I am at the Arris Dome and need to enter the password.. L+R and A...

I know I should configure the L and R to the same button but can't.... any help?
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Options > Input Configuration

Set both L and R to the same key on the keyboard.

This is a very common question; please refer to the FAQ next time before posting.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

Camo_Yoshi wrote:Options > Input Configuration

This is a very common question; please refer to the FAQ next time before posting.
the problem here is that he's not able to bind the keys to one key...

hopefully zones can come over and be of some assistance.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

This is a common issue with cheap keyboards. You don't necessarily have to bind L and R to the same key - you just have to bind them to keys that don't conflict with each other. Try using homerow keys (ASDFJKL) as most keyboards will allow you to press these simultaneously. Barring that, try binding one or more of the keys to 'modifier' keys - SHIFT, CTRL, et cetera.
niloklives
Snes9x White Belt

Post by niloklives »

SparroHawc wrote:This is a common issue with cheap keyboards. You don't necessarily have to bind L and R to the same key - you just have to bind them to keys that don't conflict with each other. Try using homerow keys (ASDFJKL) as most keyboards will allow you to press these simultaneously. Barring that, try binding one or more of the keys to 'modifier' keys - SHIFT, CTRL, et cetera.
this is really the easiest work around other than buying a cheap controller. When i was on macos, I'd set L/R to command and option for that part. after that though I got a Macally ishock controller for 14 dollars and just used a pad. it's the closest thing I found to a snes pad and very similar to a dual analog stick from sony. Any controller that supports HID plug and play will work though.
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

niloklives wrote:
SparroHawc wrote:This is a common issue with cheap keyboards. You don't necessarily have to bind L and R to the same key - you just have to bind them to keys that don't conflict with each other. Try using homerow keys (ASDFJKL) as most keyboards will allow you to press these simultaneously. Barring that, try binding one or more of the keys to 'modifier' keys - SHIFT, CTRL, et cetera.
this is really the easiest work around other than buying a cheap controller. When i was on macos, I'd set L/R to command and option for that part. after that though I got a Macally ishock controller for 14 dollars and just used a pad. it's the closest thing I found to a snes pad and very similar to a dual analog stick from sony. Any controller that supports HID plug and play will work though.
I got around it by buying a keyboard with all mechanical switches and full N-key rollover. :D
ZUZU
Snes9x White Belt

Re:

Post by ZUZU »

Camo_Yoshi wrote:Options > Input Configuration

I download the emulator on the Android phone and I have the same problem, how can I do?
georgeyy
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Chrono Trigger on Mac

Post by georgeyy »

The solution is to go to CONFIG -> Configure Keyboard.
Now DRAG the L button to the SHIFT key.
You can now continue to play by entering the L+R+A key onto the console simultaneously.

Since shift is always used in combination with another key, it worked perfectly.
This is by far the easiest solution to this problem.