FF6 Remake Tools

Need a hint? Got a code or strategy? Share it all here!
Crombinator
Snes9x White Belt

FF6 Remake Tools

Post by Crombinator »

I'm creating that i know of one of the first complete remakes of Final Fantasy 6. I have 2 problems to solve before I can change it majorly.

1) I need an event editor - I have many editors for this game but the one I cant find is an editor that changes the major events in the game like where you start and stuff. If anyone knows of such an editor, please answer.

2) I need to expand the enemy memory - I was adding a new enemy in the game but when i went to save the image, it said there wasn't enough memory. I tried Lunar Expand and Custom Monster patch.

a) Lunar Expand - Lunar expand that i know of just increased the size of the ROM but it didn't effect the enemy memory.

b) Custom Monster - Custom Monster, a patch I found, Moved all the attack scripts to a different spot on the ROM to increase the attack script memory.

If anyone has a patch or program for this, i will continue my prequel. Thanks :D
<Crombinator rules over all>
kolechovski
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by kolechovski »

I don't know anything about the game, but given the issue you have with the enemies, I think you'd have better luck getting this answered at romhacking.net. While you're not quite hacking at the code level, what you're doing would best be helped by such people with the inner knowledge of stuff like that.

The issue of adding things in many games may not be as easy as simply expanding available memory, depending on how such games are set up. You may need to also adjust various other areas/pointers/etc. Basically, if the game knows to look for stuff in certain areas, and you add new stuff without telling the game that it has to look at the new stuff, the new stuff is ignored.

In such situations, you'd need to look at in-depth guides that may mention things like this in such games or ask people that experienced with them, so you know what ELSE must be edited for your additions to be recognized and accepted.
The soldier was forced to desert his dessert in the desert.
Mark57Raider
Snes9x White Belt

Re: FF6 Remake Tools

Post by Mark57Raider »

I'll say this though. Good luck on your final fantasy 6 remake. With that being said I loved the final fantasy 6 spoof remake.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: FF6 Remake Tools

Post by adventure_of_link »

whoa, holy post necrobump Batman...

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley