Poll-predict gas prices

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.

How high do you think gas prices will go this year, per gallon of regular unleaded?

Above $2.25
20%
Above $2.50
20%
Above $2.75
40%
Above $3.00
No votes
Above $3.25
No votes
Above $3.50
20%
Above $3.75
No votes
Above $4.00
No votes

Total votes: 5

kolechovski
Snes9x Brown Belt

Poll-predict gas prices

Post by kolechovski »

As stated...
The soldier was forced to desert his dessert in the desert.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

Give or take I'd say $2.50/gal

$3 and $4 is what caused the economy (or part of the reason why it did) to collapse in the first place.

It'd be nice to have it freeze framed where it is now (or possibly at $1.50) but I'm not holding by breath.

That said, here in northern KY the diesel was lower than the gas for a couple weeks now and still going.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
Derwin
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by Derwin »

We pay 92.9p per litre for unleaded.

Thats tons more then you guys pay. Most of what we pay is tax, we get ripped off :(

My car needs super unleaded, which is 99.9p upwards :(
adventure_of_link

Derwin wrote:We pay 92.9p per litre for unleaded.

Thats tons more then you guys pay. Most of what we pay is tax, we get ripped off :(

My car needs super unleaded, which is 99.9p upwards :(
Which is cheaper over there, unleaded fuel or diesel?

barring that, why not import something from Opel that uses 87? (assuming that IS the octane over there, I do know there's different octane standards around the world)

yes, in the US, we use 87-93 octane.

* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)

Derwin
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by Derwin »

Regular unleaded we have is 95 octane. My car needs 98. Super unleaded varies from place to place between 97 and 99. I go for the 99 as its the same price usually.

Diesel is 99.9p I think, around the same price as super unleaded. Diesel is the more expensive fuel here... which is frustrating, because a lot of people swapped to diesel for its better economy and lower price, as soon as that happened, the G put the tax up for it. You cant win over here, we get taxed on everything!

Something stupid like 75% of what we pay for petrol is tax, its ridiculous, but people wont fight it over here, since WW2 we have become a nation of weak fools.
adventure_of_link

Derwin wrote:Regular unleaded we have is 95 octane.
Oh good, I can race you in the UK :D (yes, saturns use 87 or higher octane.)
Derwin wrote:Diesel is 99.9p I think, around the same price as super unleaded. Diesel is the more expensive fuel here... which is frustrating, because a lot of people swapped to diesel for its better economy and lower price, as soon as that happened, the G put the tax up for it. You cant win over here, we get taxed on everything!
Good Lord.. I expected the diesel to be the higher priced fuel, given that for the most part you Euros use diesels (and which would certainly explain why fuel costs so much over there).. I never knew gasoline was just as bad (if not worse?) over there. :? Hell I didn't even know gasoline was even sold and used in Europe (or its territories.)

On another note, the diesel is supposedly taxed to high hell over in the US, however as of late I've seen it near (sometimes even lower than :o) the gasoline.
Derwin wrote:Something stupid like 75% of what we pay for petrol is tax, its ridiculous, but people wont fight it over here, since WW2 we have become a nation of weak fools.
that's bullshit. :( oh well, at least in Europe, there's no bullshit service engine soon lights because over here we have to be uptight about emissions (thank you california.)

* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)

adventure_of_link

Some insight on the fuel issues:

http://www.fox19.com/global/story.asp?s=10179031

* Snes9X GX (Wii)