Favorite Mario Kart Racer

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.

What's your favorite racer?

Mario
2%
Luigi
16%
Princess
2%
Yoshi
20%
Bowser
2%
Donkey Kong Jr.
No votes
Toad
23%
Koopa Troopa
25%
Combination/other/no fav/etc.
9%

Total votes: 44

kolechovski
Snes9x Brown Belt

Favorite Mario Kart Racer

Post by kolechovski »

To help liven up this place a bit, here's another random topic. Since virtually everybody has played and enjoyed Mario Kart, which is your favorite racer to use? Care to post about your most memorable experiences?

Koopa Troopa was my fav...my most known experience was in battle mode, constantly being screwed by a glitch that would have my item kick in after I took a hit, even though I always used it (and made it disappear from my item box) before being hit. Some of those glitches really hurt.
The soldier was forced to desert his dessert in the desert.
Derwin
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by Derwin »

Toad for the win :)
Clintoris
Admin of Gayville, SD

Post by Clintoris »

Koopa Troopa owns all.

Toad is a fag. :twisted:
nialldevlin
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by nialldevlin »

Clintoris wrote:Koopa Troopa owns all.

Toad is a fag. :twisted:
I hear ya...
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

Mario rocks

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
funkish
Snes9x White Belt

Post by funkish »

Koopa Troopa totally owns, but when it came to N64 - since he wasn't a choice - I went for Toad.

He may be a fag, as you say, but he can manoeuvre like no other.
"So about the one that got away - she was dressed as a Cylon and you only knew her as Six, right?" - Veronica Mars
DEFIANT
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by DEFIANT »

Koopa Troopa here as well...must be some kind of subliminal messaging..."...use koopa troopa..."
E=mc2
op89x
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by op89x »

I used Koopa Troopa when I played it on the SNES, but switched to Toad when he became unavailable on the N64. Now, even when I go back to playing the SNES, I use Toad.
anewuser
Snes9x White Belt

Post by anewuser »

Toad and Bowser. I liked how noisy Bowser was on time trials...
snes9x -restore
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Post by Ryan »

I'm probably gonna catch hell for it, but I've yet to play Mario Kart on the SNES. I've never owned it, as it's an expensive piece, and I've never bothered to emulate it either.
op89x
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by op89x »

eBay, my friend. You need to play this game. I have so many memories of playing it when I was little. I even remember saving up to buy it and then not teaching my brother how to hit the gas the first time we played it, until he cried and my parents made me tell him how to go.
Gogo
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Gogo »

aye, koopa was the man,
and again, went for toad in 64, given the man wasn't in it (bastards).
then, back to dual koopas in double dash.

I occassionaly used bowser for multiplayer battles in the 64 version, as a turbo boost at the start and knowing my opponent could give me three quick rams to the throat, which ended the game before it even began. Alas, I soon recieved several quick punches to the throat for such tactics, and went back to manouverability.

The top speed of the heavier characters, while nice, just isn't as usefull given how important good turning and the ability to avoid bananas is.
Go here: http://sgibbons.deviantart.com/
It has shiny shines! ~ UPDATED 01/23/2006
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Post by Ryan »

Gogo wrote:The top speed of the heavier characters, while nice, just isn't as usefull given how important good turning and the ability to avoid bananas is.
Knowing when and where to powerslide is key, and judicious use of brakes takes care of banana problems. Wario FTW in MK 64.
op89x
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by op89x »

Wario honestly seemed like he was designed to be the best player. His top speed was good, his acceleration was better than mario and luigi, and he could still turn well and smash the lightweights around.
SonGoku1905
Snes9x White Belt

Post by SonGoku1905 »

I almost switch between them in various Mario Kart games but I think my favourite should be Yoshi. His speed/acc ratio seems suitable to my style-and ability- but also Wario is a fun character to play.

Did you notice Mario usually comes last in Mario Kart Advance unless you play him ?
LGBeatris
Snes9x White Belt

the only

Post by LGBeatris »

TOAD!!!!!
Nach
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Nach »

Bleh to all of you, DK was the pro's choice.

That said, I preferred Wacky Wheels.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.
Snes9x White Belt

Post by BigFattyPlus »

I had to chose other because my favorite has always been, since the N64, Wario.
"Suffer the little ones, for they may yet rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Obvious. *points to icon and s/n*
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
stevetamis
Snes9x White Belt

Mario Kart Racer

Post by stevetamis »

My favorite racer is Mario and its Brilliant game design! I bought this just as a change-of-pace game, taking a chance just because it was rated so high. I'm not disappointed. Lots of fun, very addictive. Plenty of variety, considering it's basically just racing around a track. Three speeds to choose from, so it's easy enough for beginners to get into, yet there's plenty of room for skill-building.