Solid Snake in Super Smash Bros. Brawl..

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.

Is Solid Snake a good choice or a bad one?

Of course! Solid Snake PWNS ALL!
38%
I don't really care...
56%
No way! I'd rather have a bag of poo as a character in SSBB!
6%

Total votes: 16

nialldevlin
Snes9x Orange Belt

Solid Snake in Super Smash Bros. Brawl..

Post by nialldevlin »

Well...Should have Solid Snake been in Super Smash Bros. Brawl or not?
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

Might as well...

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
slimdirect
Snes9x White Belt

Post by slimdirect »

Yes because Solid Snake is historically a Nintendo character.

Metal Gear was a pretty awesome game and I think he would rule on Brawl. 8)
op89x
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by op89x »

He fits in better than Wario does, with all those stupid farting moves.
OniRyo
Snes9x White Belt

Post by OniRyo »

Yes and no.... if you look at how super smash has been.... its been all nintendo original characters until brawl... and while i'm a big metal gear fan so I personally dont mind it at all, and the original MG games were made for nintendo, snake himself was not a nintendo character. Might as well pick a final fantasy character from FF4 or FF6 to throw in there because up until FF7 the FF series has been a nintendo exclusive.

Sonic being in there is debatable for similar reasons but since nintendo bought out sega as i understand it, sonic and all the other sega characters are now nintendo....

So objectively speaking, no he shouldn't be because he's not nintendo at all, he's just a well known character and the original games of the series were on nintendo, but there are a few other characters like that around also so its going to become a 'were do you draw the line' thing. I'm not really a purist on the super smash series and i dont really like them for various reasons (generally nothing but bad experiences) so i personally dont really care... probably wont be getting brawl.... just figured i'd point out why he shouldnt be if you wanted to look at it objectively.
SqEn206
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by SqEn206 »

Yes and no...pretty much for the same reasons that Oni stated. With that said though, I can't wait for Brawl.
Devorius
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Devorius »

I know this thread is a bit old, and I don't know if anyone really reads here anymore - but I did want to point out that Metal Gear was originally a Commodore 64 game before it was ported to the NES.

Plus, the Solid Snake of Metal Gear on NES is not the same character as the one in the Metal Gear Solid series, as Hideo Kojima has said (NES Snake was based on John Connor of Terminator, while MGS Snake was based on Snake Pliskin of Escape from New York.)
op89x
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by op89x »

This is true. However, I think the Brawl developers were more worried about a franchise appearing on a Nintendo console as opposed to characters themselves, per se.

That, and the guy behind Solid Snake begged for him to be in Melee, but because he was too late, Snake had to wait until Brawl.
Tybo13
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Tybo13 »

not only solid snake but someone once told me that Master Chief should have been on Brawl. Also since the new olypic game raivalry between Mario and Sonic it may have been ok to put Sonic on there too.