Must Play SNES Titles

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.
marvelsferb7
Snes9x White Belt

Must Play SNES Titles

Post by marvelsferb7 »

I just moved apartments a few weekends ago and found my old SNES console in one of the moving boxes. While trying to get it to work, I discovered that my console may have finally bit the dust. :\

As opposed to trying to replace it, I decided to go the route of buying a Raspberry Pi 3 so that I can get my retro gaming fix. Having been born in the late 80s, I was fortunate enough to have an SNES and play through several of the best games, including Super Mario World and Zelda: A Link to the Past. Aside from these two absolute classics, are there any other SNES games that I should play?

Thanks for the recommendations!
starfiretbt
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Must Play SNES Titles

Post by starfiretbt »

oldyelling
Snes9x White Belt

Post by oldyelling »

marvelsferb7 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:24 pm I just moved apartments a few weekends ago and found my old SNES console in one of the moving boxes. While trying to get it to work, I discovered that my console may have finally bit the dust. :\

As opposed to trying to replace it, I decided to go the route of buying a Raspberry Pi 3 so that I can get my retro gaming fix. Having been born in the late 80s, I was fortunate enough to have an SNES and play through several of the best games, including Super Mario World and Zelda: A Link to the Past. Aside from these two absolute classics, are there any other SNES games that I should play?

Thanks for the recommendations!
Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy IV (fan translation) - "Final Fantasy 2" for SNES is just a dumbed down easy version of FF4 for the US.
frankduque
Snes9x White Belt

Post by frankduque »

I actually registered just to reply this.
Two games I love in snes are Super Metroid 3 and Chrono Trigger
NickWiiSports2
Snes9x White Belt

Post by NickWiiSports2 »

If you like puzzle games, Tetris Attack (Panel de Pon) is for you.
Ooh, I see you're getting a Perfect on a tough game, mind if I take it away from you?
starfiretbt
Snes9x White Belt

Post by starfiretbt »

frankduque wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:56 pm I actually registered just to reply this.
Two games I love in snes are Super Metroid 3 and Chrono Trigger
I think you mean either "Metroid 3" or "Super Metroid." I saw that and thought, "they made 3 metroid games for Super Nintendo?"