Loading a save on another rom

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.
Mobian
Snes9x White Belt

Loading a save on another rom

Post by Mobian »

Recently I was playing Super Mario RPG, and the rom I was using was a little buggy I suppose? It would freeze when you'd try to equip something on someone, but I could usually get away with it if I save stated before I did anything like that. When I got to a boss, and got the star from him the star did it's whole spinning animation thing when it goes back into your collection of stars, except at a certain part of it the entire thing freezes and I can't do anything about it. I was just wondering if I could maybe load the game on a different rom or just restart completely on a different rom if that wasn't the case.
DaMan
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Loading a save on another rom

Post by DaMan »

Saves yes savestates maybe. You're not using ZSNES are you? Sounds like its buggy SA-1 emulation.
mckaygerhard
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Loading a save on another rom

Post by mckaygerhard »

...was playing Super Mario RPG, and the rom I was using was a little buggy I suppose?
NOP; this its a emulator b ug related to refresh and TV mode (PAL/NTSC)

For me it just freeze when defeat at the axes, when the last red axe goes to attack the game freeze! but its the only part that i cound un-freeze, and the 1.5 new version of snes9x doe not handle well the older shared linux libs.. due incompatible save states format!
There's any way to handle that bug? or are some git/svn commit that solves the problem in snes9x repo? where?

But that's its not happened to me in snes9x 1.42:
It would freeze when you'd try to equip something on someone, but I could usually get away with it if I save stated before I did anything like that.