Help Starting Games!

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
A Toxic Butterfly
Snes9x White Belt

Help Starting Games!

Post by A Toxic Butterfly »

Hi, I'm new to these things but I've recently found a few games I was interested in playing. I downloaded everything, and managed to get things running. Sound, image, everything seems to work fine. My problem is, after clicking start and entering the game menu, I can't seem to be able to start any new games...I click "enter", and nothing happens. I've messed around with the controls endlessly, and can do all sorts of things, except actually click anything or start any new games.

I'm using the Snes9x on Windows, but so far I haven't come across anyone with this sort of problem.

Any advice?
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Help Starting Games!

Post by odditude »

there's no "enter" button on a SNES controller, so i'm assuming you're referring to the keyboard.

unless you've got the enter key bound to a button on controller 1 that's going to do something in that game, hitting it won't do you any good.

check gamefaqs for questions about specific games; many of the faqs include the games' controls.
A Toxic Butterfly
Snes9x White Belt

Post by A Toxic Butterfly »

Yeah, haha sorry I might have worded that wrong. I use my keyboard, and it happens with all the games. The key settings are basic, start is spacebar, enter is the enter key, etc. Everything else works, it links up the way its supposed to. I only have trouble with selecting options/entering games. I thought maybe it was the way I had my setup, that maybe something wasn't right. I'll look into the game section, thank you!!
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

no, i meant GameFAQs.

most games don't use start and select for menu navigation.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

and justin case, what color is the ROM information that appears upon startup of each game? It should be white whenever possible.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley