Strange graphical ripple effect?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Xirix
Snes9x White Belt

Strange graphical ripple effect?

Post by Xirix »

I'm new to Snes9x, getting a weird graphical artifact, sometimes when in motion I'll get a ripple effect on certain things, reminds me of vertical sync issues. I don't know how to record it myself, so here's an example of the same thing in a video.

Look around 6:40 into this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvuIc__Ztgo , look at the green foreground parts. They'll make a slight liney.. ripple kind of effect when moving. I (nor raocow) got any graphical weirdness like this with zSnes, so I assume it's a setting in Snes9x.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Re: Strange graphical ripple effect?

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

That's minor, almost trivial amounts of screen tearing that could be fixed if your graphics card, monitor, and Snes9x are all running at the same frame rate. I mean, is it REALLY bad for you and totally noticeable or is it something subtle like in the video? There's only so much you can do but it's practically impossible to eliminate screen tearing completely besides playing on a original console or perhaps using Higan (which was BSNES).
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!