Problem with the SNES9x Android port

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
CrashGordon94
Snes9x White Belt

Problem with the SNES9x Android port

Post by CrashGordon94 »

Last time I had it installed on my previous phone (a Sony Xperia Arc) and it worked a treat but now I have it on my new phone (a Samsung Galaxy S4) and whenever I try to boot it, it just says "Unfortunately, Snes9x EX has stopped." and I'm booted back to the screen I ran it from. Both times I used Easy Installer and it's literally the exact same .APK I installed from (I used my old SD Card in my new phone).

Any help would be much appreciated!
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: Problem with the SNES9x Android port

Post by adventure_of_link »

First thing I'd try doing is clearing the appdata, especially if you backed up with titanium backup and restored on your GS4. Otherwise this is weird, especially considering the Xperia Arc uses 2.3 Android and the apk is meant for 2.3 or higher Android (unless you got an apk meant for an older version?).

Additionally why use Snes9X EX when you can get Snes9X EX+? It's based off the latest code and should run on your GS4 just fine.

PS: I have a GS4 myself and I installed Snes9X EX for 2.3+ Android (and upgraded to the latest version, 1.5.12) with Easy Installer. Opened it from the apps menu, loads just fine. Make a short cut on my home screen, it loads just fine. Tried loading a game and it also works. So I have no idea what's going on here. :?

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
CrashGordon94
Snes9x White Belt

Post by CrashGordon94 »

Honestly, I had no idea there was an EX+, might try that if this doesn't work.

I'll have a go at clearing the app data and see how that goes, thanks.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

CrashGordon94 wrote:Honestly, I had no idea there was an EX+, might try that if this doesn't work.

I'll have a go at clearing the app data and see how that goes, thanks.
no problem... how did it work out?

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley