SNES9x unresponsive to keyboard (mac)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
burger
Snes9x White Belt

SNES9x unresponsive to keyboard (mac)

Post by burger »

Hi, I'm on a MacBook Pro, and have installed SNES9x for the mac. I can load ROMS no problem, but no matter what, they do not respond to any keyboard input. I've tried adjusting the keyboard settings to be the keys I wish to use, and also just straight up pressing every single key, just for the hell of it, to no avail. What can I do to resolve this? Thank you very much for any information.
-Burger
zones
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

Re: SNES9x unresponsive to keyboard (mac)

Post by zones »

If you use USB Overdrive etc, try to turn it off.
burger
Snes9x White Belt

Post by burger »

I don't know what that is, or how I'd go about turning it off.
Iporã
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Iporã »

Hi, I have the same issue, sometimes the keyboard gets completely non-responding, other times the outer keys (space, command, option and control) still works (I'm not sure about the shift). A few times no problems will happen. Sometimes it will be on app launch, some others while playing (I note it when attempting to use Z or X as L and R).

Doesn't matter witch was the behavior it will persist after the app is quit and only a system restart will make my keyboard back to normal again. If nothing happened to the keys while playing, nothing bad will happens when quitting the app.

I don't have USB Overdrive installed.

It is:
Snes9x 1.53
MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (the mid 2010 model)
Mac OS X 10.7.5