Best video compressor

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
DeadMan
Snes9x White Belt

Best video compressor

Post by DeadMan »

I've been doing some Let's Plays using Snes9x and it's been working really well. The only problem is that every once in a while the framerate takes a pretty noticeable hit during recording and that really screws up the audio syncing I have to do because I am recording the audio while I'm recording the video. I have been using the Xvid MPEG-4 compressor but I was wondering if there are any better compressors for my kind of crappy PC. I have tried running full frames and that makes the framerate even worse. Here are the tech specs for my laptop:

Intel Pentium P6200 2.13GHz
4GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics graphics card
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Re: Best video compressor

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

What I typically do for using the built-in recorder is I record a keystroke frame movie first, then play back the movie while recording to AVI. However your graphics card probably can't handle the encoding job, so it may be better to use a external program for recording in your situation.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!