Kirby's Dream Land 3 transparency bug (SOLVED: NOT A BUG)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
CVReynolds
Snes9x White Belt

Kirby's Dream Land 3 transparency bug (SOLVED: NOT A BUG)

Post by CVReynolds »

Using SNES9X 1.53.

Transparency doesn't seem to work in Kirby's Dream Land 3. Using a USA region ROM and it is a proper dump with no hacks. Go to 1-4, which has water. You can't see through the water, even though you should be able to.
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 transparency bug

Post by OV2 »

Works fine here.

What port are you using? Did you perhaps disable Hi Resolution Support?

You might want to post a screenshot of the issue.
CVReynolds
Snes9x White Belt

Post by CVReynolds »

You're right, that is turned off. Thank you for fixing this for me.

Embarrassingly, I thought "Hi Resolution Support" was a sort of filter that I could disable for CPU power on my seven year old computer, rather than a function of the real SNES. I'm sorry, and I ask if you would please add "SOLVED: NOT A BUG" to the subject of this topic.

While I'm here, I'll ask: Does a real SNES use "Blend Hi-Res Image" as well?
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

"Blend Hi-Res Image" tries to replicate the blending effect you get on TV monitors. Without it, these pseudo-transparency effects will look like a striped layer on top of the image.
You don't need it with some of the filters, for example blargg's ntsc filter automatically does blending.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

CVReynolds wrote:Embarrassingly, I thought "Hi Resolution Support" was a sort of filter that I could disable for CPU power on my seven year old computer, rather than a function of the real SNES. I'm sorry, and I ask if you would please add "SOLVED: NOT A BUG" to the subject of this topic.
@ bold: Request Granted.

As for everything else, I had a old computer once that ran Windows 98SE (Pentium 200MMX, 128MB RAM, Snes9X 1.39, etc) and hi-res worked on that like a charm.

I also thought hi-res made text, graphics, etc not be funky as described in this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4856

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley