Button mapping issues (snes9k)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
iAtrien
Snes9x White Belt

Button mapping issues (snes9k)

Post by iAtrien »

I don't know if this is where you would post errors with snes9k or not but I'm having trouble mapping out my input buttons, every time I try to, the inputs automatically fill up with #233, I tried switching out two different USBs, but then I found it wouldn't even accept my keyboard keys as input, it would take the USB buttons if I got them in the boxes fast enough, but they wouldn't register when I switched them around, the first time though, I just kept running diagonal left (even though my diagonal keys were toggled off)

I sent the Snes9k download to some friends, and they can both use their controllers and don't encounter my problem.

I am running this on a laptop so I don't know if that is the problem or not, however, the other emulators I use take my USB controller/keyboard just fine.

any help appreciated, and if this is the wrong place, my apologies.

edit: I tried downloading the latest ver. of Snes9x (1.53 64bit) and did not encounter the problem I am having with snes9k, tried deleting and redownloading snes9k and still have the same problem
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

This is probably a bug with Snes9k, and not with the Snes9x main build. Please send your bug to Goebish, who maintains the Snes9k fork of Snes9x.

http://goebish.free.fr/snes9k/

Thank you.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!