Questions about Snes 1.53

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Zaalbak
Snes9x White Belt

Questions about Snes 1.53

Post by Zaalbak »

Is it possible to use the savestates from snes 1.51? I've tried to run the roms, but neither the in-game save or the slot saves are there. And should I change the Display and Audio settings, or should I let it as it is? And why does the emulator have Display settings, even though it's not working? The only one that works are 8:7 and 4:3.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Questions about Snes 1.53

Post by odditude »

Zaalbak wrote:Is it possible to use the savestates from snes 1.51?
no.
Zaalbak wrote:I've tried to run the roms, but neither the in-game save or the slot saves are there.
double-check your save path. battery save (SRAM) data for each ROM is stored in <romname>.srm; where are those files?
Zaalbak wrote:And should I change the Display and Audio settings, or should I let it as it is?
that's a matter of personal preference. mine for display is ntsc filter + bilinear filtering, 4:3 ratio. vsync is used because my display is 60Hz (removes tearing).
Zaalbak wrote:And why does the emulator have Display settings, even though it's not working? The only one that works are 8:7 and 4:3.
be more specific. what exactly is "not working?"
Zaalbak
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Zaalbak »

Zaalbak wrote:I've tried to run the roms, but neither the in-game save or the slot saves are there.
double-check your save path. battery save (SRAM) data for each ROM is stored in <romname>.srm; where are those files?
They are in the save folders from snes 1.51.
Zaalbak wrote:And why does the emulator have Display settings, even though it's not working? The only one that works are 8:7 and 4:3.
be more specific. what exactly is "not working?"[/quote]
I am talking about the Fullscreen display settings, none of them are working. They didn't work in 1.51 either.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

Zaalbak wrote:
odditude wrote:
ok, so set your save path to there.
Zaalbak wrote:
odditude wrote:
be more specific. what exactly is "not working?"
I am talking about the Fullscreen display settings, none of them are working. They didn't work in 1.51 either.
they only apply to fullscreen mode, entered with alt+enter or via menu with video -> full screen.
Zaalbak
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Zaalbak »

odditude wrote:
Zaalbak wrote:
odditude wrote:double-check your save path. battery save (SRAM) data for each ROM is stored in <romname>.srm; where are those files?
If you mean by emulation settings, I already did it but it still doesn't work.
Zaalbak wrote:
odditude wrote:be more specific. what exactly is "not working?"
they only apply to fullscreen mode, entered with alt+enter or via menu with video -> full screen.
I already tried it in fullscreen, every single one but they are really not working.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

Zaalbak wrote:
odditude wrote:
Zaalbak wrote:They are in the save folders from snes 1.51.
If you mean by emulation settings, I already did it but it still doesn't work.
where exactly are the files located, and what enter as the SRAM directory?
Zaalbak wrote:
odditude wrote:
Zaalbak wrote:I am talking about the Fullscreen display settings, none of them are working. They didn't work in 1.51 either.
I already tried it in fullscreen, every single one but they are really not working.
define "not working." what happens when you try to enter fullscreen mode via Video -> Full Screen?
Zaalbak
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Zaalbak »

I got it now. I've changed the saves direcotry, instead of SRAM. It's working now thanks.

And about the Full Screen, it works but not the display settings. When I try to change it nothing happens. I don't even know if it's supposed to work.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

please be more specific. what exactly is and is not working? the more info you provide, the more likely we can provide an answer.
Zaalbak
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Zaalbak »

Every time I change the display settings it resets to defaults. I am speaking about the resolutions from 640 x 480 to 1366 x 768, they are not working.
I think you should understand what I mean by now.
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

So does it actually change what it says in Display Settings, or does it simply change your resolution quietly and leave the setting as-is?

What happens if you change the Hi Res filter to one of Blargg's NTSC filters, and crank up the Fullscreen resolution to something like 1280x1024? Does fullscreen just display regular unfiltered output?

Do other settings remain set besides the fullscreen display settings (transparency effects, etc)?