Problem using netplay with router on OSX

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
turb
Snes9x White Belt

Problem using netplay with router on OSX

Post by turb »

Hi,

I'm trying to play with my friend thru Netplay. We have both the same snes9x application version, both on OSX and the same ROM file.

I'm set as the server but it seem that the ip address appearing are not same as the one on myipaddress.com. I guess that it's because of my router.

Anyway, I'm able to play with 2 computers under my network but not with someone outside of my network.

I've a DLink router and maybe I need to open port or dchange some setting.

I'll really appreaciate some help.

Thanks

Turb
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Netplay cannot run over the internet reliably, due to ping. Even if you have a ping of 40ms or some other crazy-low latency, perfect synchronization has to occur. This is possible on your local network because the latency is usually around 0-5ms.

If you want to play SNES online with others, I'd recommend zbattle.net, which uses ZSNES. You'll need to use a build that has Netplay enabled.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
turb
Snes9x White Belt

Post by turb »

Thanks for the reply Camo_Yoshi.

But is zbattle.net working on OSX too? I only see Windows & Linux version.

If not, are you aware of a osx alternative?

Thanks alot
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Sorry, I don't know of a Mac alternative or not. You might have to either run Windows/Linux in a virtual machine or Try to compile the Linux version in Mac...

Good luck.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
zones
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

Re: Problem using netplay with router on OSX

Post by zones »

turb wrote:I'm set as the server but it seem that the ip address appearing are not same as the one on myipaddress.com. I guess that it's because of my router.
Sorry it's due to my scamped work. Please use not the local IP but the IP on myipaddress.com.