Mac version system requirements

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
bl0ckeduser
Snes9x White Belt

Mac version system requirements

Post by bl0ckeduser »

I was wondering what the system requirements are for the Mac port ? There are not mentioned anywhere.

On 10.2 the last version I managed to run was v1.51, because as of 1.52 the .dmg archives won't open anymore (Apple broke backward compatibility in the archiver program at some point).

If 10.2 is still supported, could the Mac port author also distribute the port in an archive format that is 10.2-compatible (perhaps a .zip ?)
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

I'm sure the system requirements are the same across all ports (hardware wise):

to run simple games (such as Super Mario World, Ms. Pac-man, Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts, Zelda: A Link to the Past, etc), you'd need a 300MHz CPU and 64MB RAM. for more complicated games (special chip games, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Earthbound, etc) you'd need 128MB RAM and a 600-1,000MHz CPU.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

From the mac help files:

Code: Select all

System Requirements

Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
QuickTime 7.0 or later
PowerPC G3 300MHz or later
G-Force/ATI Rage 128 or later

Certain games use added hardware which will require a faster Mac. The specs listed above is the minimum to use Snes9x in any playable form. It is recommended that you get a semi-modern Mac with a 800MHz PowerPC processor if you want good results. A 1GHz PowerPC or Intel Mac is recommended for those that want a near perfect experience. 
zones is rather busy atm, but I'm sure he'll comment when he comes around.
bl0ckeduser
Snes9x White Belt

Post by bl0ckeduser »

OK. Thanks for the info
zones
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

Post by zones »

Thanks. :wink:
Probably I'll remove the codes for 10.3.x in the next version... It's now too hard to maintain.