Hotkeys do not work on a controller.

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Axelay
Snes9x White Belt

Hotkeys do not work on a controller.

Post by Axelay »

On Snes9x 1.53 64bit and 32bit. Also tested on 1.52. Windows 7 x64 - Logitech Cordless Rumblepad

The hotkeys work fine from the keyboard. Nothing happens when mapped to controller. Tried various hotkeys with no difference.

Controller works fine mapped to Input keys.

Is there something I am missing....?
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Hotkeys do not work on a controller.

Post by odditude »

Axelay wrote:On Snes9x 1.53 64bit and 32bit. Also tested on 1.52. Windows 7 x64 - Logitech Cordless Rumblepad

The hotkeys work fine from the keyboard. Nothing happens when mapped to controller. Tried various hotkeys with no difference.

Controller works fine mapped to Input keys.

Is there something I am missing....?
try disabling any kind of Logitech profiling software that was installed with the controller. if that resolves the issue, the devs will have to look at the difference in how input is captured between "game" input and "application" input.
Axelay
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Axelay »

Profiling software was disabled already. Tried with and without to be thorough. Still no effect. I even attempted to remap the hotkeys to keys I had previously used for input. Still does not work.
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

Make sure Handler:Joystick is set to ON in snes9x.conf (in [Controls\Win\Hotkeys]).
Axelay
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Axelay »

OV2 wrote:Make sure Handler:Joystick is set to ON in snes9x.conf (in [Controls\Win\Hotkeys]).
It was indeed ON